Studio access for students

Jump to solution
jaustineyer
Community Novice

So I have been uploading recordings of my class to Studio, and my students don't seem to have access to the videos? 

I tried going into MY LIBRARY, creating a collection and then sharing with each student by their email, but even if I type in their exact email address the system doesn't "find" the student. What is going on???

When I am in my Canvas course and I click the three dots the only options are delete or change the thumbnail. 

How do I get these videos to my students so they can watch and comment?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @jaustineyer ...

If you want to use the "Share" ability through Canvas Studio (How do I share media with a user in Canvas Studio? and How do I share a collection in Canvas Studio?), it is my understanding that your students also need to access the "Studio" button in the left-hand global navigation at least once in order for you to search for their name/e-mail address to share a video or a larger Collection.  But, even though that is one way to let your students see your Studio videos, I would actually recommend that you consider embedding each of your videos within content pages of your course.  (You cannot embed a "Collection".)  Check out this Guide: How do I embed Canvas Studio media in a course?.  Your students will be able to watch the video(s) right in your course, and there isn't any additional sharing that you need to do beyond that.

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post