publishing hybrid room and zoom class on canvas

Jump to solution
rwking
Community Member

How do I publish a hybrid i. e. "room and zoom" class in canvas to use as a supplement, resource and format?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @rwking ...

I'm not sure I fully understand your question.  What do you mean by "publish"?  If you have a Canvas course shell, you can build any kind of content you want into that course, and then once your content is ready, you can "publish" the course to make it available for all the students who are enrolled in that course.  See How do I publish a course? for more information.

Are you also asking about how to integrate Zoom into a Canvas course?  If so, since Zoom would be considered a third-party integration with Canvas, you'd need to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to inquire about that.  Zoom is typically added to a school's Canvas environment at the Canvas account level rather than an individual course level.  This way, all courses at your school would have access to the Zoom integration and not just you.  There is a bit of setup involved to get Zoom integrated with Canvas...which is why your school's Canvas admin needs to get involved.

I hope I've helped in some way to answer your questions, but I feel I still may be missing something.  So, if you could provide any extra details, that would be great.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

View solution in original post

0 Likes