how to delete account

Jump to solution
Community Novice

So I have a school account that I use on a School Computer and I'm trying to sign into canvas on my new personal home computer and when I tried signing in with GOOGLE, it sent me to make a new account. And I tried over and over and over again and it just wouldn't work, so I tried making a new account to see what would happen and gave a random free account which I don't want. I asked friends at school who have a MacBook like myself and they had no problem signing in. So I want to know how to delete the account that canvas gave me on the SAME EMAIL as my school EMAIL so that I can sign in with the right account.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
NicoletteStaley
Community Team
Community Team

@117140903199189 It sounds like you accidentally created a Free-For-Teacher account when you tried to login to Canvas from your personal computer.  To get this account deleted, you will need to contact Canvas Support (see How do I contact Canvas Support? ).  Additionally, you do not have to delete the Free-For-Teacher account to log in to your school email account, as the same email address can be used for multiple Canvas accounts as long as the user accounts are located on different Canvas instances (domains/schools).

When you try to login to your school Canvas account from your personal computer, you most likely should not be going to https://canvas.instructure.com but should be going to the URL specific to your school.  Most schools have a link for their Canvas instance on their website, so if you don't know the address to go to for logging in to Canvas, I recommend that you go the your school's website to try to find this link.

View solution in original post