how do i see my grade for a course that finished and isnt on canvas anymore?

Jump to solution
TimHarrington
Community Member
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @TimHarrington ...

When logged in to Canvas, if you go to your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen...

How do I view all my Canvas courses as a student? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

...do you see any of those courses listed under "Past Enrollments"?  If so, are you able to access those courses there?  If you take a look at the linked Guide I provided, about half-way down there is a heading called "View Past Enrollments", and it says:

Courses under the Past Enrollments heading are courses that have concluded but are still available as a read-only archived course. You can view course material and grades but can no longer participate in the course.

Note: Some institutions may not allow past enrollments to display in the Courses page.

Another thing to keep in mind is that although your final grade may be listed in Canvas, the "official" grade that you received for the course might actually be stored in your school's SIS (Student Information System).  At least, that's the way in my former role as a Canvas administrator in higher education.  So, I would also recommend that you consult with someone at your school to understand the relationship between grades in Canvas vs. their SIS.  You should be able to talk with your school's Canvas administrator or someone from their Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Education department about this.  I found this page on Stetson University's website that might be of help to you:

Canvas Student Resources - Stetson University

There is a "Contact" link on that page where you might be able to reach out to the Interim Director at the Office of Online Learning and Educational Technology to get more help with this.

Hopefully these things will get you on the right path to get your grades.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes