Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have my classes cross-listed. Just recently, I can only see one of three sections in speedgrader. What can I do to fix this? Thank you! 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I am trying to embed a page from Canva.com to use as my homepage. It needs to be embedded and cannot be a jpg or png because it includes links. I have tried using their embed code, but it doesn't work. Neither does putting it into an iframe. Is...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the course photo that students see on their dashboard?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am struggling to find a good  suitable reference for Gibbs' Model ofReflection

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please tell me how to extend the exam time to 1.5 longer for one single student? Thank you, Kaya Ford

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hur aktiverar jag meddelanden och quiz?Translation from Google Translate: How do I enable messages and quizzes?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I copy or move a video file from the "Files" section into Panopto?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the question title says - if the tutor is an art teacher and has taken photographs of everyone's work and wants to upload them all - is there a faster way of doing it than going in to each students account one at a time?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,When taking attendance, one of our professors  has marked the students who are present – but did not mark the students who did not attend as absent. The attendance report shows 100% attendance which is not the case.  Is there a quick way to adj...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can students find my inline comments in assignments? Some of them only seen the sidebar comments. I know there is a student guide about this but it seems to be all about sidebar comments. My students need to know: 1. how to find my annotations/co...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have successfully added the Data Services to my Canvas admin menu. However, when I click on it, the screen keeps refreshing and will not display the content. I'm using MacBook Pro running Mojave. Does anyone have any idea if there is some plug-in I...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi Canvas brains trust,One of our teachers is experiencing a strange problem when they try to masquerade as a colleague. Perhaps someone can explain what's going wrong.The two teachers have identical account admin permissions (I have checked this man...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

In Speedgrader, on some assignments, the comment tools will not appear; this seems to happen one out of every 20-30 uploaded assignments-- I can't find a way to remedy this.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to request some functionality be added to Canvas if it doesn't already do these things.1. When creating a quiz, which we use to automate some of our assessment tasks, we would love to be able to allocate each question to an outcome. So, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get an email notification when a participant posts a question?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to make a users do a quiz before they can see other courses or content in Canvas? How to make a quiz a compulsory activity in a course before they see any other modules and pages, etc?We are looking to make our trainers do a quiz and pass it befo...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to weight categories (Modules) Quiz = 20%, Assignments = 45%, etc.?Gary B

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to make a review that contains all of the questions from the quizzes this semester. I started the semester making quizzes in the old format and then switched to the new format. Is there a way to put the quizzes from the old format into a ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make everything I set up in Canvas to publish visible to my students? How do I kill the eyeball w the slash?#disablevisablityeyeball

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how do i extend the deadline for submission of an assignment for one student?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

On the 'grade' page, what does the symbol mean that, when you hover over it, it says "Click to test a different score"?? I don't want to click it and find out it zapped out my already completed assignment. Thanks

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, How do i print the results of a quiz  with the graph charts?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I have 3 sections of one course, and would like to hold a review session simultaneously. Is this possible in Canvas? I could use Zoom, but it limits me to 40 minutes for more than 3 participants.Thanks so much!

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

In your organization, are your Instructional Designers considered faculty or staff as their primary designation?  I know many IDs also teach, so I'm not considering that ancillary function in my question, but rather is the primary job function of an ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi !  I will be traveling to South America and will have good internet connection. Will I be able to take a test while i am over there? I was just wondering if there are any geographic restrictions with canvas.

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm just starting to develop modules for a course, but it's still not clear to me as to the difference between a Page and an Assignment.   I realize that there are different types of "Assignments," but practically/pedagogically speaking how/why would...

• 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have two questions.1. I use clicker questions in the class. This PRS is provided by Turning Technologies. I am not sure how to instruct the students for registration for using PRS in the class.2. I use Respondus to upload quizzes and homework assig...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How to upload content from my computer?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies