Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I need students to create a video and then upload it to Canvas where I can view and grade it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I make the quiz out of 100 points instead of 1 point per question?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I take test questions from one test to another.  ie- I have 7 chapter tests and I want to make a mid term exam from those previously written tests?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I posted an assignment to Jazz Improvisation 2020 yesterday, and now i cant find it. The Zoom conference comes up in upcoming lectures as "Brien Impro" but the assignment isn't there... do I need to do it again?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am taking one class this semester and I don't see it on my Canvas list of courses. How can I get Canvas to recognize that class?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, my teacher has a module for us to complete and is asking us to "mark as done" but i cannot find that "mark as done" button anywhere. It appears on my phone but does not let me click it for some reason. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are in the scramble that many are in to assist districts with instructional resources. I have developed a canvas course that I need to share out with over 400 students across multiple districts. In an attempt to avoid having to enter individual em...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot seem to upload captions to the videos I recorded using the media recorder in the New Rich Content Editor.  The Canvas Guide: How do I record media using the New Rich Content Editor as an instructor?  had the following link: Canvas videos als...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use short answer questions, and case studies that involve answers of a paragraph or more. I want the student to be able to access the exam online only, no downloads. I want the students to enter answers after each question, and then to enter the en...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to add captions to the video I created through the media recorder in the New Rich Content Editor.  There is no CC to click for adding captions.  This is not accessible for my students. How do I add captions to videos I created using the N...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello All,We are trying to put K-3 online. Does anyone have suggestions for apps that could be helpful.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to allow students to submit their assignments using JPG file, instead of PDF?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add a CMOS citation to a discussion post? I see posts with numbered in-line citations shown in red, but see no mechanism for doing that in the HTML Editor.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students tell me that can't see the most recent grades posted.  On the grade tab most assignments have the word MANUAL in the column heading as well as a symbol that looks like the old CBS TV symbol with a slash through it.Any ideas what's going on? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a course with 3 classes posted within it. I had split the students into their perspective class under Group. So I have three groups representing the three classes. I desperately need the students to be listed in People-Everyone under their pe...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am trying to make the discussions I assign to students let them post anonymously in order to allow them comfort in sharing their thoughts, and questions.I haven't been able to find an option for this.  I would like to know who posts, but I d...

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

how to add a link to these videos that sends the students directly to the videos

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Not sure if this question has been asked, but this pertains to Canvas (next) Quizzes > Essay > Student Feedback > Provide General Feedback.After I populated some general feedback, I previewed the quiz to see if the feedback did indeed show. However, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do students access the system?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to use the External Tool to set up a Google Docs Cloud Assignment, so students can enter their answers into a document and submit it to me to be graded. The problem is that students are being denied access to the document. How do I fix th...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I check my browser permissions and it says both are allowed, but when I try to record through canvas it still won't let me.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do students need to turn on notifications in Canvas to get notified when a teacher posts something new?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove a "teacher" meant to put as an "observer"?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have authorized use of my google drive on a practice course. Can I reverse this process and unauthorize my google drive?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how can I adjust a column width

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why does the Announcements tab say "not visible to students" in 2 of my 4 courses? They are all set up identically. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Canvas Community,I am trying to provide students with two ways fo demonstrating mastery of course content, either by taking an exam or by taking the exam and completing 3 assignments. The students can decide which path they prefer.Way #1: Exam ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I have been trying to import a course from my school account to my personal account so that I can still access my courses when I leave my current school. How do I do this? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I monitor the students and how can I take attendance and how can I have them included with a video chat?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can you create different quizzes and assign a subgroup of the class one version of the quiz while another subgroup takes a second version of a quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies