Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I cant find the conferences button in the category of my lesson core.@###

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, as a teacher is it possible to view a Canvas page as a specific student or only as a general student under "Student View"? Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My course coordinator prefers I contact her using canvas rather than her staff email, how do I do this? Thanks a lot!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have published the syllabus in canvas and I can see it, but in Student View it is not visible.How do I make it visible to students?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My echo360 is not working.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How did I have my assignments, quizzes, discussions, etc. show up in columns in the Gradebook?I have published them and they are not showing up.  In the canvas guide it says this happensautomatically. Please advise.    

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was under the impression that Canvas had its own SCORM capabilities rather than having to pay a fairly high price for SCORM Cloud. Is this the case? Can someone send me some easy steps to pass onto our IT guys if there is a way to turn in on?I cant...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I tried Office 365 Cloud Assignment type. It is a really good idea, students get their own copy of a file that they can fill in and submit. It looks like they can even edit the document right in the browser and any changes they make get saved in thei...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello, This is a very trivial and slightly petty item but it occurs a lot in my classes, especially online, so I've been pushed to inquire. I absolutely hate when students sign up for office hours at the last minute. For instance, I had a student stu...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have posted all grades for all assignments, but one of my student's average still has the "hidden" icon (eye with the /) next to it.  What should I do?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just created quiz. When I entered the answers, how do I ensure they do not show when the student takes the quiz?Thank you!RT

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I am using the Free Canvas Teacher app, can my students still use the student app and if so, how do theyfind the school or institution?  I tried entering the free for teacher url but it just went to a blank screen.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student whose quiz failed to submit. I reset the quiz for her but that didn't help. What advice can I give her to be able to submit her quiz?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can i set up peer sharing pairs? I'd like students to swap papers and give eachother feedback and allow me to be part of the discussion.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to get started with as a new Canvas user, a teacher in the San Diego Unified School District trying to set up my new Canvas account.. When I go into Settings/other services, there are no options to select.  I know I need to authorize Goog...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have two emails that are mine but somehow an email was added that doesn't belong to me. There is no delete button next to the noelle's email and I was wondering on how I can remove it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My assignments category is disabled.  How do I enable students to see assignments?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to use discussions.  It is disabled so students can't see it.  How do I make something "abled" that is disabled?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My teacher has uploaded items in different tabs of my canvas account (Ex... mylab, Zoom) but nothing is showing. I have an exam tomorrow that I will not be able to see. My Professor told me to contact IT for canvas but there is no number. I need to s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas Community!I'm a new teacher using Canvas and I'm creating my own curriculum. Two Questions:Question 1I have a few modules (agenda, concepts) that I want ALL of my students to have access to when they are enrolled. After the first lesson is ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'd like to set up a scenario where students can earn a bonus on quizzes if they complete all of the questions over the course of the class. Specifically, I'd like to have 8 quizzes each worth 5% of the total class grade, but only have 30% of the stu...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to place LTIs in Student Group Homepages? If so, does anyone have any XML code to share?Our institution just integrated the Zoom LTI, and I am curious to know if we can also have it placed in Student Group Homepages with customizing th...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a quiz online consisting of four questions worth 1/2 a point each, for a total of 2 points. For some reason, Canvas is saying that the quiz is worth 4 points. Thus the percentage average is out of whack. How do I change so that the point total...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I enable rich content editor for students to record and submit videos?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working out a student assignment for my class's end-of-semester project. It's not published or inside its submission window at this point, so I can't use the student view feature. However, I want to go through the process of submission the way a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Somehow my students in speedgrader are listed by number, not name (for a quiz specifically).  How do I get the names back?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a zoom page to my subject area

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How may I create new quiz scores to be placed in gradebook?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies