Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I would like to generate a list of courses that a specific course admin has access to. If a user is course admin on multiple courses in a given term, is there a way to find out which courses they have admin rights to? ThanksNeil

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

In New Quizzes, how do I change the point value for a question(not the whole quiz)?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, How do you submit slides to teacher on canvas?is there a video to watch?TIA

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Any time I go to Principles of construction for my school work it says no content so I don't see what I need to do  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can this be accessed on any page or does a teacher have to activate it in order for it to show up for students to make use of?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I rearrange announcements once they have been posted?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student had a 74% in gradebook.  After I graded her final, her grade went down to 73%.  I thought all missing assignments were set to zero.  What am I missing? thanks, Tuffer

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! My faculty member is concerned that her stats formula question for the mean is not working properly because an :smileyx: is displaying. I've included two screenshots.How does it look to you all?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Como faço para requerer o certificado...???Esta mensagem foi traduzida usando o Google Translate.Subject: Certificate IssuanceMessage: How do I apply for the certificate ... ???

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do you grade for attendance

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Is it possible to see if a student accessed a specific assignment? 

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to have a variable in a matrix question so that I can use a formula question.  I want each student to see a different matrix.  When I place [x] into the matrix, students do not see the randomly chosen value, only [x].  Is it possible to have a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I insert a YouTube video into Modules?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When creating a quiz, I click the icon "insert math equation". the icon does not appears where it should be but below the whole quiz text and corrupted: with a large width and not workable (Please see the screenshot below_. It is interesting  it happ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can students cut and paste assignments to the rich content editor?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to copy my live class into my Sandbox. How do I do that?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used the override grade column but it suddenly disappeared from my grade book for one class. It still shows that final grade override is on (in Settings), but when I go into settings within Grades, the Advanced tab is no longer visible. I've tried ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i need to tell her something but i cant find a way to contact her 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can students view their Access Reports in Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to see images students have sent a classroom teacher. I am on his roster in the role of teacher. How can I do this?Thanks.judy

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get my email

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used the new quiz format, but I cannot find where to select sync to grade book option.  It's not under settings, nor any of the other tabs.  How do I sync this quiz to my grade book?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just accessed Canvas for the first time, got a message saying my Chromebook browser isn't supported and I have to see the list of supported browsers in the community section though no links to download anything.. There are links where I can downloa...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HiThis is about an open source instance running Canvas release 2018-09.Up until yesterday, everything was working fineHowever, quizzes now can't be imported (via course export or course import) or synched from blueprint. Every other item imports or s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I give one student in a section with learning disabilities extra time on a quiz?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I give assignments as an External Tool with Google Drive and had a small group of students in early April receiving this message,  "You do not have access to this document.  Please contact your teacher."  It has dwindled down to one student now.  Att...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm not sure if there is already a way to do this but it would be nice if the last page of the module instead of saying "Next" and going to a new module it said "Home" and took you back to the home page. I know you can create prerequisites for module...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What type of videos can be uploaded to Canvas and inserted into messages and discussions?Is it only youtube or vimeo?I tried inserting an .mp4, but I got an error that the file type is not supported.

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

For one class that was due April 12, Veracite checked assignments and posted a percentage but I could not access the report.  For a second class due near the end of April, Veracite posted that there was an error in submission, but allowed me to resub...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In my canvas course, not created by me, I've published some assignments and get this message 'Some settings have been disabled because the assignment is in a closed grading period'. I need to change the due date of the assignment but cannot, I am als...

• 1 Likes
  • 15 Replies