Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

A professor is having some trouble getting his BigBlueButton set up. His canvas course is supposed to start in Spring and the students are all listed as users in the Grades and Users tabs but when he tries to start the BigBlueButton conference there ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I recently copied my created assignments to another Canvas course that I keep as a master and also deleted them from the original course and now I cannot find them anywhere. I tried the /undelete but they were not there. Is there anything else I coul...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I exported Quiz grades to EXCEL, now all graded quizes do not appear under Grades in Canvas. How can I retreive? Thank you!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I feel foolish even posting this dumb question, so forgive me if I'm asking something obvious.  I used Canvas as an undergrad and grad student, so I'm comfortable with how it works.  When I had to abruptly switch to remote teaching a few weeks ago, t...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the following screenshot below (taken from the article How do I set details for an account? > View Who Can Create New Courses), if one user is enrolled as a teacher in one course and a student in another, which setting takes priority? Will it be a...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey! I teach high school special education therefore I am listed as teaching 28 different classes. How am I ablate make an 1 announcement and share it with all of my classes instead of having to make the same announcement 28 different times. Thanks f...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher that has us "like" an announcement. We don't get credit unless we do. We cannot reply in this assignment though.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I haven't submitted my peer review, but it has a check mark by their name, indicating that I have submitted them.When I click on the rubric, I am not able to edit their points.It says their total points are zero.  

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I noticed if the local user; the user won't be able to use the SSO to login to Canvas,  was created through the SIS import, there is not an option for them to change their password. The checkbox for "change password" is not on the GUI. Could anyone e...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a Power point presentation that has a 10 minute video in it. Will I be able to show this video to my students through the conference portion of Canvas? I really like using the conference section of canvas and my students are used to it now. I ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a quiz for my students and it is not showing up in my grade book. I have the right dates and assignments selected as well. What can I do?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,How do I do a batch upload of graded quizzes to each student in my section?My graded quizzes are PDF files. I have recorded the number of points in the gradebook, but I want to send the files containing grading comments to each student in the s...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In a course with multiple teachers, is it possible to assign faculty to grade some assignments, but not all?Thanks! 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone experienced this Zoom Error Code 200 when attempting to access Zoom through Canvas? We have installed the ProLTI and it only seems to happen when in Canvas. Going to Zoom directly is fine. If you have encountered this can you tell me what ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How does a teacher create a group - that does not necessarily include students from his or her class roster - but rather additional students from the entire campus?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My grades have 100 extra points when they migrate from Canvas to PS.  It doesn't bother me, but I'm a tech coach, and I have a teacher that would like to turn that off.  Is there any way to turn this feature off?#sync to powerschool‌

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to make a discussion question private to where students cannot see each others replies?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I insert a photo from my Google Doc to my Canvas Homepage?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good UX design is like a good joke.  If you have to explain it, it may not be that good.

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've messed with all of the settings I can, but since last week, newly published assignments aren't showing in the gradebook for one of my two courses. The other course is operating just fine. So with the task list function removed for now, the only ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor and use Canvas Elsevier. I want to use Kaltura videos within my lectures and announcements but the "my media" bottom is not on my canvas. Is it possible to use Kaltura on Canvas Elsevier?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I go back and edit the due date on an assigned quiz? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to add a screenshot (Mac) into a quiz. I'm using command v to do it. However, I get an error message saying the question is too long. It's a small screenshot. Where am I going wrong? Thanks very much. I hope you are all well.This is the screen...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been having issue with NearPod integrated assignments not showing as complete for select students on their gradebook/Speed Grader in Canvas. Other students, it works fine, but only some students are not showing up at all.From videos students h...

• 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I work with Chinese students. Most of them registered in Canvas using their student ID number. A few registered with their Chinese name and their student ID number. I don’t know what it looks like when they register. I need to assign a test to a stud...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created the shell for my Midterm Quiz.  I need to access previously created quizzes.  I don't see any box for accessing the previous quizzes that are already published.  How do I access the question banks?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I've been using Canvas for a few years now and have become fairly comfortable with navigating, etc. I also know that Canvas makes changes in order to strengthen the platform for users. I'm having trouble with the STUDENT VIEW option that I have...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've done a little searching but perhaps I missed it.Is Canvas working on a Wiki tool (other than the Page option)?What app do you prefer when it comes to Wikis?Thank you!Leona

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have a paid account and I do not have the option for new quizzes.  How do I go about getting that enabled?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies