Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have many classic question banks that I would like to make available to new quizzes and also change classic quizzes to the new style. After reviewing several posts about this, I am still unable to make this happen and unsure how to begin.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am teaching a course at a local university this summer and would like to have all of the files from my school's Canvas account available to me in my university Canvas account. Is this doable? If so, how?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I resize an image to fit onto the course card?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

"Failed to create a new item". I am trying to upload a file and I keep getting the above message. I can upload documents such as pdf's but not a video. I have uploaded files such as this in the past, but unable to today. I need assistance please. Tha...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need assistance in reseting my password.  I have requested the link more than 4 times and have wait 30 mins for each and nothing arrives in my email account.  I have check spam and junk - nothing in there either.  Please help

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make files visible to students ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have to voice record myself but I can't find a way to save and upload it. I would told to ask canvas help to make a media file for me to save my recordings.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My campus upgraded how do I log on now

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

are there any issues showing uploaded presentation in big blue button conference 1/06/20

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to "sign on" for your training session and I'v e got no way how! I'm already logged in to Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am going to cross-list two courses in Canvas and both courses have content (no submissions). Will the contents be over-wright, or duplicated? Please advise.Thank you!

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I work with a non-profit in Cincinnati that delivers courses for non-profit leadership development.  Can we use Canvas as our LMS?If so, what does it cost if we deliver 30 courses per year to approximately 600 students?  

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to see grades for both students in different schools. Only one child pops up but I still need grades. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

By mistake, I added one student to my Canvas group (during Cross listing), how I can remove him?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas course is integrated with WebAssign.   I have requirements set up on my modules that my students have to view each page and at least ATTEMPT the homework in WebAssign (get any scores).    I have one student only that is showing she hasn't d...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

we have been using BBB since march, but recently it has been displaying the attachedit tries to open the conference in another window but fails and returns to the modules. out tech has soo far been unable to solve this, we have a valid licence with B...

• 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

When attempting to record a video for my class discussion, I try to record a video using the Record/Upload Media button on the the Rich Content Editor. However, when I go to record, I get a window that says "Please allow us to access your webcam." Ho...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I send a email to one student?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas API have GET /api/v1/users/:user_id/observeesGET /api/v1/users/:user_id/observersHow do I get these information from Canvas Data Files? Canvas Data have the enrollment_dim.txt, which has the type = ObserverEnrollment. I believe that is to say ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I'd like to embed a simple question onto a page and record students answer.  This feature has long been promised - has it finally been delivered with New Quizzes?  I have just arranged to have New Quizzes enabled by my institution but I can't see...

• 5 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Before, to link to 5 other pages in the same course, I needed to click 7 times: Open "Page", open that page category, then click the 5 pages.Now, to link to 5 other pages in the same course, I need to click 25 times, moving all over the screen clicki...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

can canvas check and score a quiz with math inputs automatically

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,Wondering if we can store Custom fields on Courses? We're looking for storing Date/Time type on Course record.Not sure if this is possible in Canvas via API.Any help on achieving this would be really appreciated.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,Just wondering how do we determine if Course Assignment grades have been released to students in API?Couldn't find any helpful API for this.Appreciate if there is any help to workaround if there is none.Thank you!

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hur flyttar jag upp en modul så att alla moduler ligger i följd. Ser ingen möjlighet att använda växla till html-ed i just modulerna. Finns endast i pages. Hittar tyvärr inte lösningen!Lena OlssonRWITranslation from Google Translate:How do I move up ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm looking for some common core ELA online curriculum that has Canvas integration.Specifically, it would be great if there were entire modules(units) already built out.Instead of trying to tweak my own curriculum for distance learning, I'd like to f...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do we have video chat in canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I built an exam (Quiz in Canvas-speak) using question banks in one of my sections. When I made the question banks for the quiz, I bookmarked them.Then, I went over to a different Canvas course, and made another quiz, using the bookmarked question ban...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I put an html link in a discussion post? I have saved it to my desktop and tested the link, but when I use the "Link to Url" feature in Discussions, it doesn't work.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I have made a module that I would like students to go through using "next" button which usually appears on the Canvas web version but not the app. It does have a little arrow but that's it. I noticed for quizzes on the Android app that it does...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies