Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I want to create an essay portion of an exam (20 points total), and allow students to choose any 4 (of 6 possible) essays to answer (up to 5 points for each). This is part of a larger exam, that also includes multiple choice, matching, and t/f questi...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I regrade an assessment within new quizzes?  I have searched the information that is out there, but my screens don't look like that.  I have a class of 52 students, so I don't want to regrade each question individually.  I want to give all poi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the title says, every module in my course that I have completed is suddenly labled incomplete and locked, so I cannot finish the coursework. The deadline has not yet passed, it is within the week however so I am quite frantic.

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know that for a quiz, Canvas can shuffle the order in which answer options are presented to a student. But after the quiz, is there a way for me to see the shuffle order -- the order in which answer options were presented to particular students?  F...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What does the ! in the final course grade slot mean?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to set assignments so that students must post before seeing other students?I remember seeing this feature but it appears to be missing now

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I downloaded a course in Prepare to Teach for fall 2020. After I did that, the schedule change and I now have a different section. So, I need to delete the one section, so the other professor has access. What's the best way to do that. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I randomize exam questions with different point values?  Every student will have the same set of questions. However, I want to randomize the entire test.

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I publish the final exam?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For some reason I cannot view my post in the discussion board.  Is there a shortcut?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to quizzing w CANVAS.  I created some question banks to build an exam.  I created a series of banks and then drew samples from them for various sections of the exam.  I checked it and tested it and it seemed to be working well.  Students hav...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am a private consultant who does instruction at several colleges and with several corporate clients. I have a State approved training program which before COVID-19 was done face to face.I have created the course cards and am creating the content to...

• 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Can we only release the feedback comments to students and not the marks/points?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hey there,If a student emails a piece of work to you, can you upload it (where it was supposed to go) on their behalf?Be well,Warren

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a quiz with different sections, such as I Grammar, II vocabulary, etc. Each section has several questions and each section has different instructions on what to do in this section. How do I make these quiz sections and where do I put ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you erase a mark in speedgrader?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have give a quiz on Canvas. For some of the questions with type "Numerical Answer", I set up the error margin by mistake to be 5 instead of 0.05. After students took the quiz, I went back and updated the error margin and saved the questions. Howeve...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a student from Spain who was studying in Alaska this year. I had to go home due to the Corona virus, I was able to do my course work fine from home without any problems until today. I was working on a test and when I went to submit it, it...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I change a quiz from 50 points to 100 points 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I provide a voice narrative embedded in a Canvasd Video?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I am a professor and am trying to import a QTI zip from Cengage into Canvass per https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-23051-how-do-i-import-a-quiz-from-a-qti-package However, the option for "import assessment content as New Quizzes" is gray...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,My students recorded a Conference in their group on April 19th. I cannot view it. There is only one link when I click on Concluded Conferences and it says "presentation." I click on it and it opens a new tab that says "loading." It loads foreve...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I tell how many times a student has taken a quiz?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My professor attached a feedback document of an assignment I recently submitted. However, when I tried to review it Waypoint opens a new tab and states that there has been an unknown error.  It instructs me to either go back and refresh or to go to t...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add an observer from another college to my canvas class

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the older version of "Quizzes" there was a "create new group" option.  Where is that in the "New Quizzes" version?  I want to create a group of questions to randomly draw from when the quiz is presented to students.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I allow students to upload their assignments in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can I add my quizzes' questions to a question bank after I created the quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies