Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have students create a video or PowerPoint based on a topic from a future portion of the class. I want to use their projects as future discussion boards. How do I set this up in Discussions? Do I have the Student post their project (with the script...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Student attempting to access an open exam, but screen just keeps saying "waiting for Canvas". This has happened to student multiple times over the last week. 

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to create content in my Canvas course and the page won't save. I receive a message saying that "[the title of the document] does not exist, but you can create it now," then it keeps making duplicates of that file name. When I click on the...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I remember from my training session that I can use a stylus to "write" by hand comments/annotations on student submissions. How can I access that feature?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add CCC Zoom to my Canvas class section

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way for me to keep my account after I graduate? I have a lot of material that I don't want to lose and I don't know if I'll have time to download it all before I graduate in two weeks. Thanks,Karma

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know if Galileo (ATI-Online) can be embedded into Canvas, or does it have to be added as an external link using the redirect tool?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students will be looking up a "word of the day" posted in a daily announcement. Does Canvas have a link or Spanish/English dictionary or translator for easy use? Or, do I just hyperlink one from the internet?  

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This message is showing in my course & unsure of meaning or if it should be edited?  Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I find where the audio files I recorded are located?   I never realized that I should name them so now can't figure out what they are to use them in my lessons.  I want to be able to rename and delete them as well.  Please advise the best way...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

1.  I super-imposed some buttons that I created on to a picture.  The buttons are apps that I would like students to be     able to click to get access.  How do I link the buttons?2.  Some apps refused to link within CANVAS.  I can link to external n...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Starting yesterday afternoon I suddenly can no longer add people to my course in the free for teachers version. It gives me an error message saying, "We were unable to find matches below". I've always been able to add someone's email address in the a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have allowed New Quizzes in the admin section of our account but our designers are not allowed to see the option to pick old or new quizzes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not an admin, and for some reason as of yesterday afternoon, I can no longer add students to my course.  I am now receiving the message "We were unable to find matches below".  Prior to that, I could add the student by entering the email address...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

#Interactive Google SlidesI am learning how to use Canvas.  I have uploaded a link to a Google drag and drop assignment.  How do I know that my students will each get an individual copy of the assignment and not be working on a single, common copy?  ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any workaround for embedding canvas pages to external websites via an iFrame tag? As expected, I received an error: Refused to display 'https://school.instructure.com/' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin' when used th...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Do I have to be an administrator to use the Redirect Tool? I am the campus librarian and I would like to enable the ELA teachers to put our library class in their course navigation.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Here is my situation, which raises my question and which may help in understanding it.My testing center closes at 5pm. I don't want students walking in at 4:45pm to take their quiz since it requires testing center people to stay late or, if they don'...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Thanks in advance for any guidance as I am currently pulling my hair out.  TY!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For English IV at our high school, we are looking to have one person modify modules of each unit and then share with other teachers of the same course.How can teachers share modules and use/incorporate in their classes without each teacher having to ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I see a box on my draft quiz that says it's not required to view results, but I can't find a box to check in the set-up screen that would require it.  Is there 1 in traditional quizzes?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Add faculty to a closed course

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to bulk remove users who have not logged into Canvas in a certain amount of time or since a certain date? We have been using Canvas for several years and have users who have not logged in since the first year.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way that I can have students submit written paper and pencil homework assignment in Canvas (Maybe even using Google)?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is viewing offline files or opening a browser in another window count while having a quiz in Canvas counted as an indication in the Quiz Log that you have stopped viewing the page and made it visible to the professor? I'm just worried that what if th...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! I created a Quiz with some questions requiring "file upload". The rest are multiple choice items. How do I grade the file upload test items without downloading the files? I was expecting that once I click the link to the file attached by the stud...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My PDF viewer does not always work on my desktop. Sometimes, it takes a really long time to open a document. Often the document does not open even after a page refresh. Safari tends to be quicker than Chrome and manages to open the PDF. Not a problem...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to click a word to listen to my recorded pronunciation?I had posted this question several months ago and also posted it on the ideas page. I have had not success in finding an answer. I have copied part of my original post. I am includ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies