Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Course imports are not working this AM? I can't import a test from one site to another because the course from which I am importing is making zip files not imscc.What gives?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a grading rubric?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i just finished an assignment and i went to go send it in and it made me re-submit and  it lost my homework

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make announcements visible to students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to track my students’ attendance through Canvas, but I can’t because I don’t even have an attendance Tab. I went to the Settings and then the Navigation tab as the other people suggested, but I don’t have an attendance button to add either... ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I completed a module in the Growing With Canvas course, went to provide completion evidence in the Badge area, and noticed there was no textbox or dropbox to put my link for completion evidence of the module. There is a check mark next to the badge i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can students leave a comment on a quiz/exam question during the exam? Is there a comment box that is available for them to do this? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, using my daughter's student account on a mini ipad. This is our first time to use it. We successfully logged in but now I can not find the place to log out in her account. Pls help. thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has Canvas developed the ability to use images with identified hotpoints for testing? It was a feature with Blackboard that I miss in Canvas. If its available or there is a work around I would appreciate knowing about it.Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using the google docs cloud assignment feature do I need to have the file "editable" on my google docs share settings? or will the student copy automatically be editable even if my original document is only set as "viewable"?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As instructor, is there a way to set up an announcement so that students can comment on the announcement?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Zoom has breakout rooms in which children can talk to each other live in small groups.  Is there an equivalent to breakout rooms in canvas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach 2nd grade in Washington, DC.  I am new to working with Canvas, and I am also a beginner in learning technology.  Therefore, in the simplest language possible, I would greatly appreciate an answer to my question.Thank you.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to download the ready made teacher appreciation templates to my computer because I don't have the appropriate application, but I don't know which application I need in order to download it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

¿Cómo puedo hacer visible a los estudiantes una opción en el menú al inciar Canvas? me aparecen varias secciones como no visibles (Tareas, archivos, etc) a los estudiantes?Este mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.How can I make a menu o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help with adjusting a table. It looks weird and as you know we teachers are very particular. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I insert my photo on my home page?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have deleted a discussion, but it still shows up in my syllabus even though I have another activity in its place.  When I click on the discussion item, Canvas takes me to my list of discussions but it gives me the message that discussion in questio...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I use <BLOCKQUOTE> to get some white space on the left margin of Pagesto block off material..A grey line shows up in student view.  How can I either:get rid of the grey line,create the same sort of indents to  block of units of material?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted a response but when I try to reply it is not letting me in.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Goal: To save a Fall 2019 Class for future useI have imported my sp 2020 into fall 2020.  Good to go.Question: To save a Fall 2019 class, I exported it. Hoping to access it for future use - not this semester.**Where is it exported to? I clicked on Ne...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I do not want to change the settings for each class; can I merge all classes so that all have the same settings?  The same question is for pages. I want most of my courses to have the same pages, but it looks like I will have to individually. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have copied a course into a master template. When the reviewers look at the class in 'student view' they can not see my photos. I however can see the photos when I am looking at it from the 'teacher view'. Is there a way to make all of the photos r...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do they get an email? If so, will a notification be sent if a meeting is set up before the course date start? Do they get a pop-up window? Does it show 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is a "Sandbox" course?How do I add an assignment to my Sandbox course called Practice Assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I create a Canvas shell for advising where I keep documents, resources, etc.? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The appointment group tab isn't coming up on my sandbox. Do I have to have students enrolled to view it?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are required to develop an attendance plan for our district to submit to the state for approval. Using the asynchronous method, how can we account for attendance for our students in a lagging system (we will have from 12:00 AM until 11:59 PM for o...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have published my homework classroom and I told parents to go there to get onto my Webex meeting tonight. I’m not sure why but they are not seeing my course on their homepage. Can you please help me with this? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I use a permalink to a streaming video?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies