Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I know in the past (2017) that this feature was not possible but I am hoping that it has since been updated. Is it possible to pin individual student comments at the top of individual discussion boards?  Or can these be sorted in any way?  This is a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I'm trying to make a group set for my students (for their group assignments). But when I checked it in student view, the group set name was need seen in the People section. The group set is for self sign up by students as I gave them free reign o...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My canvas account is dghosh@sysalgo.com and i want a client id and client secret. how can i get it?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to upload a file to the resources in one my modules and I click on New File then Add Item, and nothing happens. I can add external URLs and YouTube links etc. fine. I can't work out what's going wrong.Any advice would be appreciated.David

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In my canvas account 4  coerces were functioned properly, for the last one month  . But from the last few days onward while uploading files it shows an error ' Error : Your request failed Status code 400 " . Same error shows with different Browsers ...

• 0 Likes
  • 19 Replies

When I export grades to Excel file, the assignment date columns show up in random order, even if they show chronologically in Canvas. What am I doing wrong. We also need to send grades in 8.5X11 pdf sheets and I do not see any way to do this. HELP!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm hosting the Bitnami Canvas package on AWS, and am trying to figure out how to integrate Slack with the Canvas site. I've followed the instructions here precisely:https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-17720-canvas-slack-app-admin-installati...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

From a student's view, what are the steps to uploading their work to send to me? I want to make a tutorial and I'm not sure exactly how they would do it from their screen. If they take a picture of their work, how do they upload that file to me? If t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just wondering if I "conclude enrolment" for a teacher in a course, if their comments and grades they have assigned to students still in the class will stay? Or will they be deleted?Is there a better way to do this - keep the grades and comments on a...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It appears that our new Canvas account defaults to NOT allowing users to change their profile pic. I need to change this. Where do I go to do so?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to embedd youtube video into canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I set up a home page in nurturing with Growing with Canvas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to upload video files on Canvas. What should be the maximum file size?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.  When making a quiz, is it possible to shuffle the questions while also keeping a few aggregated?  I mostly want them shuffled, but in cases where I have a multiple questions connected to one scenario/story problem, I'd like to keep those togethe...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I annotate my Lecture presentation?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to let students do peer evaluation among the group members?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I did a bulk upload, page one ended up at the end of the documents rather than at the beginning. Is ter a way to reorder the content to move page one to the beginning?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change my course name? It is currently PE - Conditioning, but I want to change it to Conditioning.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I would like to know what should I do to update the browser to support CANVAS. My son is using a chromebook provided for MCPS school but any time he has to submit an assignment we cannot find any submit button. We also keep getting a message t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is the LockDown browser stating that my Canvas is not supported with my computer?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I did 4 courses and just discovered this amazing download opportunity.  It is only allowing me to download the most recent course and i wanted to know how do i make the links work so that the previously completed course will be downloaded?Thanks

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am looking for help with responsive sizing of Google docs.  I begin by using the external tool to embed a Google Doc. Then I switch from Rich Content Editor to HTML Editor and locate the part of the code that says "width="800" and change it to "wid...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

helloI am still getting calendar reminders from a course I removed from my calendar feed. I am an observer in one course (feedback on teaching to help a colleague) and an observer in a second course that I audited for a while. I'd like to remove both...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I deleted modules and content on accident, can I retrieve them?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created several slides that I used in my Google Classrooom from last year.  Is it possible to import them into Canvas, and if so, how?  Thank you in advance.  Nicole

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how can i type my answer in when the teacher gave out assignment 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm considering a switch to Perusall as a substitute for regular discussions. My classes are large and I need to break them down into groups for any discussion-like assignment. Can Perusall be used with Groups in Canvas? #perusallassigned groups‌

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I eliminate the "drop files here" prompt from module in canvas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This past year, I started using pages as the homepage option in my Canvas courses. I would create a new homepage for each week of the term, which I could set as the first thing my students see using the "Choose Home Page" option in the course setup. ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies