Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Why are assignments with no submission showing up in the Student To Do list even though they are already graded and past due? Please help.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I'm a student rep for my section of law students. You wouldn't believe how much a bunch of grown professional students love the confetti feature when we turn in work on time. So much so that we're completely deflated when we don't get confetti for...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am kind of new at setting up our Canvas terms.  Here's my question.  I work at a high school.  For those of you who work at a high school, do you have your term end date the last day of classes or on the last day of the mid-term/final exam?  My gut...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why do some files display the magnifying glass  and others the download arrow ? From what I see they are both using the same html code: <a class="instructure_file_link instructure_scribd_file" title="fs_midterm.pdf" href="/courses/68569/files/2102348...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't change percentages to points--get message "unusually high grade."  Duh!  Told students to ignore percentage designation.  I assigned 30% or 300 points for  midterm quiz, so perfect score not 300%!  Was told to click on gradebook and then whee...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Starting about October 11th, the calendar part of the parent app will not load any events. It looks like it corresponds to the 3.3.1 update. Please, this needs to be fixed!

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to pull an access report for a given date?   I have used the "Last User Access" report but I need a report for a specific 24 hour period/day.  Example:  On Monday, I would like to know who accessed Canvas the previous Friday.  If a stu...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have given an exam via Canvas. After I grade it, all I want them to see is: their grade and my overall feedback to each of them (e.g. "Keep up the good work" etc.) I use similar exam each semester, so I do *not* want the students to see the e...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Colleagues!! I would like to find out if it is possible to create a general discussion forum and then have students placed in groups where they discuss a topic and create an artifact.  After they discuss and create the artifact post in the general...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In our courses we have case logs that count as 5% of a grade. Our school grading policy is that you either get all 5% for completing all case logs or 0% if all case logs are not complete.  Currently, they are posted as 'quiz assignments' being graded...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've submitted a ticket to Canvas, no response yet.  Some parent/observer users in our school district receive the message in their parent app on their calendar with a red exclamation mark and the message "There was an error loading events.  Pull to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I've followed the instructions to regrade a multiple choice quiz question, but it doesn't look as though the student scores were changed at all in the Gradebook.  I also checked Gradebook history and it doesn't show the changes either. Is there anoth...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I create an assignment as a teacher, and when students visit the assignment for the first time, by default the button where you have to click in order to begin the assignment says "Submit Assignment". Shouldn't it say something like "Start Assig...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

SpoilerThe method for setting up rubrics is not great.  Editing it is difficult, to say the least.  I have tried to edit the rubric about 15 times to get the points to line up from 4 (highest score) to 0 (lowest score) and it never works.  This progr...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does CANVAS have an integrated Audio file or Speech to text/transcript converter? If Yes, where do I find it?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I imported a new module from my Commons account into a class and it merged with a completed module. So when I opened the assignments within the module they showed as complete. I opened some of the assignments individually and they were from another m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas gradebook is not recognizing the Google LTI assignment due dates in Speed Grader, which means I cannot sync with Synergy.  At the beginning of the quarter, it worked but not now.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After perusing the REST APIs I cannot find a way to create multiple courses via the create course POST endpoint. Is this ability something in the pipeline or not planned yet?  I am using the REST api not the graphql, fwiw. Our integration is working ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students have taken a quiz in the "new quiz" and our accreditation mandates that we retain copies of student work.  In the classic quiz, it was easy to print individual student quiz results by following the canvas guide as shows on the following w...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It seems to me that Canvas by default displays the student's final course grade based on the assignments submitted, not the overall score. For example, if I have 5 assignments worth 1 point each in a course (graded as Complete/Incomplete), the gradeb...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to have a page linked to an assignment and other tabs such as files, quizzes, etc, and not display the linked tabs on the modules? It gets confusing to a student when they see 2 or 3 things posted under a course for one day when all th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello Canvas,Does anyone know if there is a way to create a link (for example in a page) to a whole folder of resources rather than just an individual file?Many thanks,Lisa

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Could you please add an option to schedule the time of the release of an email in Canvas Inbox.  This seems like a pretty reasonable request considering the options that we have in this platform.  Thanks.

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all, I have a question regarding the respondus lockdown browser. I am using this in conjunction with Canvas for exams. While taking an exam with the lockdown browser (I am not using the monitor to record them), are students able to login to Can...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All,I was asked about integrating Trello into Canvas, which looks like it did work at some stage but the app is no longer available?  Is this correct and are there any other Project Management tools, such as Monday, Asana etc that have an interfac...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Canvas color-code (green is the default for resubmissions) resubmitted discussions in the gradebook?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Home Page 2nd Grade Elementary Curricular Courses, students are clicking World Languages - SALSA to content in a different course. I keep getting this email error, but there has never been a link here. Can you please tell me how to fix it?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello All, I have a course showing the total column in the gradebook with the score percentage and the letter grade. The faculty member wants just the percentage showing and not the letter. It used to be that one can just select the total column and ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When another teacher shares content with me and I have exported the content to my class, let's say I go back and make any modifications will those changes affect the teachers content? Will any changes that I make transfer to her content?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to contact our CSM. I have the name, but no contact info. Can you please let me know how to contact this person?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies