Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have a Canvas Acct and followed the directions posted here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Observer-Guide/How-do-I-link-a-student-to-my-user-account-as-an-observer/ta-p/539 Issue is, after step 2 (click on Settings), I do not have an observer o...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Teacher/Instructor I already understand how to embed a video (both youtube link & uploaded file) to a Quiz. What I want to have happen is for the questions associated with that video within the Quiz to be able to be scrolled by the students beneath t...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

My elementary teachers have a course that goes all year long in Canvas. We do have trimesters but since elementary does not stop at a trimester for a final grade and they do not sync their grades to the SIS, how can they delete grades to start the ne...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team, I have recently acquired a Scorm package from a content creator. Testing has been initiated via Cloud Scorm and completion obtained upon course completion. However, when I uploaded the Scorm package to Canvas completion isn't recording for e...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am currently running the canvas site for my college and need to find out who my CSM is?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a 20 question multiple choice Quiz for a mathematics assessment.  This morning it was working perfectly and then suddenly the equations were not loading properly.  When editing you can no longer see the 'basic view' but rather the code behind ...

• 6 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am beginning to feel like a broken record.  I have been frustrated by multiple answers in the old quizzes not giving partial credit.  So, I decided to use New Quizzes because someone said you could give partial credit. Now, you are telling me that ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need partners for the Hug Your Haters book review for the Strategic Marketing 89FA20 class.Please e-mail me if you would like to work together on this project.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I type an equation in the equation editor, the equations look good. However when I press the insert equation button on the quiz, It comes out as for example: \(E_i\:=\frac{\:\left(row\:total\right)\cdot\left(column\:total\right)}{total\:sample\:...

• 4 Likes
  • 18 Replies

When I go to my calendar, and I select a class to view on the right hand side, Canvas unselects a class and I can no longer see that class anymore, but I can now see the new one I chose. Is there a way to allow all my classes to show on the calendar ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,   Is it possible to have a group discussion with participants who are in difference courses?  A single place for a group to discuss the courses they are undertaking?  Facilitator by a teacher?   Thanks Michelle

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a faculty member with 280 students who uses the point system (versus weighted) and she wants her extra-credit quiz to be auto graded.  Is there a reason I can't just add an assignment grade column to make up the difference?  For example, I wou...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Dear Community,When I use peer review on an assignment, is there a way to add a series of questions and scores for peers to offer? I know I can have students use the rubric, but I am interested in getting more detailed feedback.Typically, I have stud...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to ask how to set up the modules so the student only has access to one module at a time and the next module will unlock once the previous module has been completed.Thank you, Lucy

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

At the moment we are able to set up notifications through our api; using notification,frequency,category, and csv file of accounts on our platform. Following some instructions from the post in the link below.https://github.com/unsupported/canvas/blob...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When assigning a google assignment to "Everyone" my new student is not getting access to it. I have to assign it to her individually. She is on my roster in "People", but she is not included in " Everyone"

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I remember it clear as day because it was my midterm I sat with for hours. I remember inputting the file in and submitting it because I just finished revisions. Why is it that when I checked today the file was not submitted? THIS WAS NOT MY ERROR, I ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I want to add time to a student's timed test in New Quizzes, I continue to run into issues. Does anyone have a helpful resource? When I click MODERATE and add time, it doesn't add it.I can't click on REOPEN - it is grayed out.When I add an attem...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi allI've set up an consortium and have invited several canvas instances to join. Most are successful. There are a handful who are not receiving the invitation. I've searched/invited via their institution name and their Canvas URL. I'll submit a tic...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,We began using a new SIS this year, CampusCloud.  Our classes are created in Canvas through an API from CampusCloud.  We are trying to create associations and synching.  We have discovered that if the associations are created through the API, w...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

im a student, i was doing a test and i got kicked out and when i tried to open it again it was showing as summited where i never summited because i was still working on it, can you please help me to contact a tech support team so they can help me to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I'm wondering how to get the full view of all incomplete work for two students. At present I go to each class grade book and copy/paste grade book items into Word documents we use when catch up is needed. Someone please say a better way exists...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have not changed the way I am doing anything, however, one student has stated that assignments are not showing up on the To Do list this week. I've tried logging in to Student View and I can see the To Do list.  All assignments have due dates.  I h...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students who failed to complete assignments from last quarter have them still appearing in their To Do list this quarter.  How can I remove these notifications for them?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created an assignment but the student can only see the first 2-3 lines. AssignmentIf they can't read the entire thing, how can they do the assignment?What students see

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I messaged students from within the gradebook ("message students who...") and want to double-check what I wrote in that message.  I've searched through the inbox and can find no record of the messages sent from within the gradebook of a particular co...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Please allow full editing capabilities from the Module so that teachers do not have to continue to return to the Assignments page.  Our assignments are much more organized in the Module, and it would be more efficient if I could schedule my assignmen...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm creating new assignments in my modules tab within a course and they are automatically being published when created. How do I stop this? There is literally no content in them so why would a newly created assignment show up as published? They used ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I've looked at others on the hub that have similar problems, but I can't get any suggestions to work. The front page is set, I just need to edit the title. Each time the title is edited and saved, it displays the edit immediately; however, when...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I graded an assignment I posted the grades There was a late assignment.  I graded that tone too.  All the grades became hidden, sending students into a panic.  This is ridiculous.  Posting and hiding grades has been a nightmare for so many people for...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies