Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have been using Canvas for a few years, but recently I needed to use the "sections" option again for the first time in a while. Creating a section has never been a problem, as it was quite straightforward once you know where to look as explained Ho...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am supposed to have a class called "US Government" with Ms.Collier, but it appears to be missing. I clicked on the "Help" tab, and normally there would be an option to talk to the canvas technicians, but It's not showing up. If Ms.Collier isn't tea...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a home page linked to the first assignment in each module. I also have many weekly assignments (ie, spelling) which requires students to submit and resubmit all week. These assignments are now missing the next button at the bottom. I teach fir...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello all!There answer may be here and I didn't see it, so my apologies, but I'm wondering if someone can assist me. I'm an instructor using Canvas -- is there a way to set notification for when I student might respond to my feedback in the gradebook...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to help my student users, TAs etc register. Is there a way to only use a username and password? If not how do I invite users who do not have email?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Prior to this new 2021 version of CANVAS, I was able to upload a Powerpoint presentation as a file with audio.  The students would open the file and view the ppt slides and listen to my comments.  With this new version,  when I upload a ppt file, it ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I wanted to try New Quizzes for one of my assignments for my class next week and I was having trouble finding that setting. I read the "How do I create an assignment using new quizzes?" article (@ctitmus) , but when I clicked the '+ Quiz' button,...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

For quite a while, we have accommodated students with "Incomplete" in a class by adding a new section within the class, adding the student to that section, and setting the section to have an extended end date that is past the default course/term end ...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

i do not know how this works i have know clue how to inbox students

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was so excited that Canvas finally created a way to edit all assignment dates on a single page, including the ability to batch edit... and then spring 2021 happened, and I discovered that the batch edit function is useless if you need to move dates...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 10 Likes
  • 23 Replies

To avoid unwanted collaboration between students during an online exam, I have created different versions of the exam. I have created assignments on Canvas, and assigned students to their specific exam version. However, some students are assigned to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Looking for help please.  Back in August we had a trial with Respondus and ran one set of exams online using a quiz.  A student is questioning the answers given and I seem unable to access the quiz.  When go into the group the quiz is no longer avail...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I remove assignments and quizzes from the student's To Do list and Grades links? We are in the third quarter and many students have an incredibly long list of completed and incomplete work in their To Do list and in their grades. You can't "un...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hey, hive-mind--I hope someone has an answer to this, because I'm freaking out a bit.  I had kids submit rough drafts of essays right before the holiday break; I added feedback through Canvas on them.  I then set up the rough draft so that kids would...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there There seems to be nowhere to click on my profile pic placeholder to enable me to upload my profile pic. Am I missing something?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I created a multiple answer item (classic quizzes), with two true, and one false statement(s) and when (a) selecting a subset of the correct statements but (b) selecting no incorrect statement in preview gives neither general correct ("correct_fb...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to integrate LTI 1.3 flow in one of my tool. I have gone through the documentation in Canvas Configuring LTI Advantage Tools - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation (instructure.com), but I am unable to know exactly how to start the implementation...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to contact support. I passed an exam (80%) on Monday Dec 28. On Jan 1, an additional erroneous exam score of 1% was added to this course. I did not take an additional exam. Please remove this from my account so I can obtain my certificate. The...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I include a .pdf file in the body of the assignment, will a student be able to drag and drop that file directly to the upload box? Or do they have to download the pdf and then upload it in the box? I am trying to minimize steps for my elementary s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As part of my course verification and quality assurance, assessors ask to see a random selection of individual students’ entire course work and assignments. Is there a way as the tutor to export, print or download all of the work produced by an indiv...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to be able to randomly generate quizzes that draw from 2 different question banks BUT while mixing those 2 banks of questions together. Everything I've tried so far will only allow me to create 2 groups, but then the randomly selected qu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

From the Admin console> Settings> AnnouncementsHow do I change the order of announcements to put the most recent on top? I hate scrolling through years worth of announcements to add a new one and see to what was recently posted.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I registered for classes today. How soon will I be able to view my class and assignments via Canvas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello:) When creating a rubric, can I have values presented in ranges? For example: Excellent4 > 3.5 Good3.5 > 3 Or do I have to create it using only definite values? Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'm trying to kluge my way around the infernal problem of not being able to add two rubrics to an assignment (for this particular assignment, I want to give students the option of choosing their medium and there's different rubrics for each).My t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am running an independent course. My students have no need to start their own conference, just to join ones I set up. Several times now students have been 'experimenting' and have clicked the new conference button resulting in all the students gett...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hey there,I'm doing final grades and realized I really messed up! I made a new change in my syllabus that quizzes are 10 points each (5 quizzes total) but forgot to change the totals in Canvas. Now, students have taken all quizzes out of 100 points o...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,Our university does not yet use New Quizzes. I know how to set a single accommodation for a single student using the 'Moderate Quiz' feature for a published quiz. However, it seems that there must be a way to set an accommodation for a given st...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can we enter grades for multiple students at the same time? I.e. 10 points for whole class for in class game/quiz or participation points,, instead of entering one by one in speed grader.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies