Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi there,Is there an Admin functionality available that we can utilise which would not enable the students to begin an assessment (or begin to upload an assessment), until they have clicked a check box to state they have read the terms (similar to wh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I regain access to my course; course ID isnt working??

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,We're a school that uses TASS (https://www.tassweb.com.au/)as our SIS and looking at changing our LMS to Canvas as it supports integrations better than Moodle currently does. TASS lists Canvas as an integration partner (https://www.tassweb.com...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have assignments with file uploads and Unicheck enabled. I do not have my own unicheck account at this moment.Can I submit a file to the Unicheck database by using the student view and completing the assignment myself? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, What would be the best option in this scenario? Any tips to clean-up the dashboard and how to easily maneuver through Canvas as an observer?I have 2 studentsI am trying to find a way to see all of their assignments in a clear concise mannerIs...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a New Quiz, I select the option (under Submission Attempts) to allow multiple attempts. Unfortunately, students aren't allowed to take the quiz more than once unless it is changed under the Settings tab when building the quiz. The opt...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is anyone here using a Canvas compatible, mastery gradebook similar to Mastery Connect?  We have used Mastery Connect at our school before, and saw that they were compatible with Canvas but the program is not affordable for our small school/small dis...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to be able to click on the links that are part of the documents my students submit for their assignments. Is there an easy way to do this? Or maybe Canvas could enable this feature? I want students to submit documents, but part of their ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am wondering if it is possible to override the provided values for any of the lis_ parameters in the External Apps > Edit App > Custom Fields setting.  For example, I have tried to do the following:lis_person_contact_email_primary=$Canvas.user.logi...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I really like to use the Complete/Incomplete option for participation in Live Lessons (I am currently teaching fully remote). I would like to differentiate between students who don't complete the classwork and students who are absent without marking ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Here is a picture: https://ibb.co/ZmYh6n5Please help I cannot see their assignments in speedgrader.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can teachers see if students have different web browsers open during a quiz/test (for example, if they are taking the test on safari but they have google chrome open)? Or can teachers just see different tabs open on the web browser that they are talk...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Please list the reasons we would be getting duplicate assignments if we didn't create duplicates.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are looking into ways to display the activity that occurs in one of our courses publicly.  Much like a student gets notifications, we'd like to push those notifications out to a public website.  I've been looking into what I can do via an RSS feed...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know how to extend time prior to a quiz and even during a quiz.  But today I accidentally removed 3 students who had 6 minutes left of an 80 point final exam.  I do not want to grant them another attempt, I just want to give them a few more minutes...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can you have students fill in a table in New Canvas Quizzes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1. Does anyone here knows how to migrate test banks of Classic Quizzes to New Quizzes?2. Or how can I upload test banks for Canvas provided by book publishers to New Quizzes. At present, it works only to Classic Quizzes.3. When I migrate a classic qu...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

A student on my course was using their own iPad to take a quiz and could not see embedded images in the questions, whether the quiz was acessed with the Canvas Student app or via Google Chrome - a blank space appeared instead (see attached). I've see...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all,  I've been having an issue in Canvas for the past 24 hours. I figured I'd give it a day to see it magically resolved itself (9 out of 10 times it does), but no luck. I also wanted to reach out to you first in case you have any quick sugges...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, My friend, she is an instructor and she is still unsure about how to automatically assign a specific number of points to each question in the New Quizzes. I was looking at the Question Forum to get the answer but I couldn't find a clear answer. D...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm wondering what others do with their SIS IDs year-over-year with cloned courses. We are only in year 2 of Canvas and coming up against something we hadn't thought through. Consider: AP Biology occurs every year. In the 2019-2020 school year, its S...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm currently logged into my canvas testing site as an Admin user. You can see in the screenshot below I've navigated to the course list page and filtered by the word "Test". Several courses show up with "Test" in the title. Next, I created an acces...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Spanish in a community college. I allowed the students two days within which to take the final exam, and apparently one student took the exam on the first day, then copied the exam and gave the answers to others. At first I thought that maybe...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm setting up my course using modules, with each module being a prerequisite for the next.  I have assignments in each module that need to have submission deadlines, and I don't want to allow late submissions.  What happens if I make completion of t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to identify the user in session (after authenticating in canvas) with the sis_user_id.I was trying to simulate the canvas login, to have it returned, but I was unsuccessful.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I signed up to receive SMS messages for my child's school district.  When I receive an SMS message from Canvas it is always from a different number.  I tried adding the numbers to a single contact on my iPhone.I discontinued adding the numbers to the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am the only person teaching my course at my school, but there are teachers who teach it at other buildings in our district. We created a collaborative course that we built our curriculum within and add content to across the year. We can then copy m...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have received a message from a student.  It lists here name as [some_name].  However, when checking the "People" page on my class, I have no student whose official name is [some_name].  How can I figure out which student is messaging me? (i.e. how ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have bookmarks of my classes such as 2nd period, 3rd, etc. so when I use it, l can quickly go to the assignment for my 2nd-period class, modules. Now since last week or at least this week, it starts redirecting me to PCSB. I didn't worry about it b...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

No puedo configurar LockDown Browser en mi isntacia al configurarlo e ir a la la heramientya para aplicarlo en un examen me sale una pagina en blanco les ha pasado      

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies