Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

for some reason, my canvas is being extremely slow in loading things. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a student and want to port over Canvas's inbuilt "todo list" (the list view on Canvas Dashboard) to my own native app. I can't seem to find out how to get all the information provided in this list via the API and I've been banging my head agains...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add web services when there is none to choose from?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am copying an existing Canvas Course. In the Announcement section, does the u mean that the announcement is unpublished and will not be visible to students? Thank you, Sharon

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I go to canvas I'm greeted with a pop up asking me to take the student tour.  I click it away.  Another pop up pops up that I just click away since I never asked to see another pop up.  I've done this about 50 times so that's about 100 pop...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Moving to Canvas from Blackboard.  Mostly fine.  Some aspects good.  Quizzing is positively primitive.  Are there LTI Quiz tools that will approach blackboard's functionality for higher-level sorting in pools, batch-grading essays instead of student-...

Removed
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to duplicate assignment where the "assign" field is to a subset of the class (various discussion sections in my large enrollment class)? If I have select "duplicate" from the vertical ellipsis menu, the "assign" field is not present. I...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all! I teach at a small community college in Arkansas....ASU Midsouth.  I'm also currently working on our Assessment Committee and I'm helping explore how Canvas could give us a route to doing course level assessment. I've watched videos and re...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is anybody else pulling their hair out over the popover table tool that appears when you click anywhere in a table in the new rich content editor? For me, it often obscures content that I want to edit in the top one or two rows. I see no way to dismi...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to record a video through this webpage and I'm logged in but the record button won't respond? I need help figuring this out please.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way I can save lecture videos that my professor posts in a module on canvas? Professor records the lectures on zoom and puts them into a video inside a module. So multiple videos within a module. A student asked if we could record the lect...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student in my Canvas course reported a peer's photo as "offensive" by mistake.  I didn't even know such was possible.  I can't even figure out how to do that myself.  Please advise how I can "undo" the offensive or really "see what happened."    

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Topic: using the Chat feature, more or less privately. First, I believe that I've searched, and the most recent, relevant post seems to be from 2020. I'm building on that, but if I've missed a post that answers my Q, apologies and please correct me. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone/anyone!   I am trying to access Slack - and the first instruction is to locate account navigation - can someone help me through this process as I cant seem to find "account naviagation"   KR Lynn

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to set a course end date to allow a student to turn in something late. I have access to change the date, but every time I do it defaults back to a specific but random future date in 2026.   Picture 1 : pasted date with desired time (note ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a teacher and I need to access a past gradebook from fall term.  When I go into the course, and to the gradebook,all the grades are missing. It shows only one random assignment.  How do I get those grades back into that gradebook?  Any help is a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can New Quizzes please allow partial credit on these types of questions? It frustrates students and I spend way too much time going back through them to award points.

• 14 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Some of my students missed the assignment due date and sent me their assignments by email. Is their any way I can upload these assignments to Canvas manually?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi- I've recently started having an issue with my canvas course. It's been published for 3 years, and for the last few weeks, when I try to add a learner it states that invitations will not be sent until the course is published. It is published. I do...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have set up my class so that each week, two students submit papers for peer review, and I manually assign everyone else in the class to review these two students. I assign the assignment to everyone, even though only two students must submit, becau...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, We are looking for a simple, easy to use survey tool that integrates with Canvas seamlessly (users can create and assign surveys to enrolled members on the course and track responses). The main use of this survey tool will be course evaluations b...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Students aren't able to see assignments in a certain subject on their calendar even though the subject has been colored in. It also does not show in agenda view or weekly view. What can I do to help?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Within the last 48 hours, Quizlet no longer gives me the option of printing out paper flashcards. I've been doing this for me students for YEARS, and now its gone.  My question: can anyone else confirm this?  Thanks in advance! Matt in Pa.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I recently had a midterm and needed to email the course coordinator because I couldn't submit my work. The issue was that I sent the email at 9:02, just 2 minutes after the deadline but the instructor said he received it at 9:14. Is there any ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a parent and I need to change my email address, there is NO HELP tab on my account only SUPPORT and that will not help me  The Star does not appear even after I have registered my new email and there is not customer service number to call which ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to increase the size (number of characters) that can be entered in the NOTES in the Gradebook?  I like to track data for students specifically email communications regarding failing grades. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all you genius helpers! Time-sensitive question: A "new" icon/link for downloading embedded documents from a Canvas Page is suddenly appearing, and I am looking urgently to discover a way to disable or eliminate this item. We have copyright pro...

• 5 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Prior to this weekend the gradebook would display grades for assignments even before they were due.  Now, assignments only appear in the gradebook after the due date.   I like keeping certain assignments open for longer periods of time and having the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I have students receive an email of a delayed posted announcement

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies