Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, I'm teaching a photography class and I need students to embed their images in a discussion so everyone can see and comment on them. We had been using Box and it was possible to embed from Box, avoiding any storage issues with Canvas. But we have ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I noticed the Canvas RTE enhancements have extended to the answers to multiple choice and multiple answer quiz questions, which is awesome.   However, with multiple dropdowns, I don't see the pencil icon that allows me to use the RTE enhancements.   ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have used CANVAS and PowerTeacher and now PowerTeacher Pro without problem the last four, five years. As we began third quarter this year, I noticed an issue with SYNCING that I can not resolve. I have four classes. The assignments and grades for T...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have students that are listed under "People" in my course, but when I go to grade Assignments, they do not populate and can't see the assignment. What is wrong?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Grades will not synch to PowerTeacher from a Canvas class when I have groups within the same class.  I need to utilize groups because of having separate deadlines as per our school.  It would be easier to use groups instead of assigning each student ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I attempt to either edit an existing Discussion post or create a new one I keep receiving the message: page coming soon. I was able to use this feature successfully in the past, has something changed?

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Do you guys have any idea why these parameters &per_page=100&page=3work here/api/v1/courses/:course_id/users?enrollment_role_id=3&per_page=100&page=3 but doesn't work here/api/v1/courses/:course_id/enrollments?include[]=current_points&type[]=StudentE...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are looking to do some testing of a third party addon (analytics) to canvas and want to de-identify the data prior to doing the testing (just in case of a security breach from the third-party end). We will be doing the testing on the test version ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In setting up a Discussion I enter a DUE DATE and then a LATE DATE. As an instructor going to the STUDENT VIEW, I only see the DUE DATE. In the student view am I looking in the wrong place for the LATE DATE? Just don't see it. Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear Canvas Community, First of all thank you for your support. I'm worried about the editing of my modules.  Can you provide me information/instructions to delete quizzes, assignments, discussion boards, etc. without LOSING them forever. * I believe...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a query related to canvas. Now a days, we are receiving messages form students saying that they are seeing a ‘Submit failed’ message on canvas when they try to submit their assignments. They could submit the assignments on later day. Please l...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having trouble understanding the Outcomes feature on Canvas.  For my course, I have 5 learning outcomes and each outcome has several quiz questions.  I created a separate quiz bank for each learning outcome and linked the outcome to each respecti...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to find Project Assignments but I don't have access to Blackboard. How do I get the link and log in info? Thanks!  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. For some reason, the roll call feature is not working for 2 of my published courses. On these 2 courses, when I click on the attendance link, there is a panda on a unicycle that just keeps going. The attendance feature is enabled on both cours...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey all, I'm working on modules, and every time I reorder the items/reorganize the module, the order does not save. I haven't had this issue before. Any advice would be appreciated!   Reordering/organizing a module not saving

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Have a PowerPoint presentation with narration audio on each slide and timed transitions.  Exported as mp4 and works perfectly on my MacBook Pro.  But when I upload the mp4 file to a canvas course, the content uploads and plays, but has a very strange...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a teacher in several of my co-teacher's classes so we can share resources. My to-do list is ALWAYS filled up with their ungraded assignments. I click the X so that the assignment goes away until someone else submits, but that never lasts long. I...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I adjust permissions so that teacher's can't edit which sections their students are enrolled in? We'd prefer to manage section enrollment at the admin level to ensure alignment with other organizational systems. I've disabled 'Manage Course Se...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone have any information on the Canvas Betterizer Chrome extension?  I have provided the link below. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/canvas-betterizer/pndigbfohhechaafblmjdicbbahgigfg?hl=en-US  

• 1 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I get 2 or 3 emails per class when students log into zoom. It used to be all of them now its just a few. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are the new quizzes so horrible?   How someone could pitch these new ideas on how to improve the old quizzes and not have the whole room throw insults and/or objects at them is mind boggling. The fact that I can't see separate sections and see in...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Ok, I am registering for   classes.  It is an online class and I have been trying to do this for somedays now.   I do owe a library fine, but that keeps me from the classes.  This is a program to help me understand how to take these online classes. W...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As near as I can tell, it's not possible to get to Speedgrader from within the quiz page.   The documentation only talks about accessing a New Quiz Speedgrader from the Gradebook.    Is it possible to get to Speedgrader from the Quiz itself? If Not, ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Teachers that have duplicated courses that include SCORM files are reporting that grades from the SCORM files in those duplicated courses are not transferring into the gradebook. Has anyone experienced that issue and have a solution? Krista

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using the Link Validator, a couple of pages show a course number from a previous semester "Links to other courses in this resource may not be accessible by the students in this course: [course number]" When I click on the link in the Link Valida...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After the platform upgrade I cannot anymore upload video. This stays forever and nothing happens.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello.  We're a small private college wanting to use the version of BBB conferencing that I see on youtube.  the version of BBB that we have is not the same one.  How can we get information or directions on using the version that is on the youtube tu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are facing an issue in New quizzes.  As we create new quizzes, we are discovering that there may be errors in how we created some items.  Therefore, those items are being incorrectly graded.  So, we are trying to figure out how to fix those mistak...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Modules is nice... it lays out all of the pages, assignments, quizzes, and more in a nice outline. But, could I just skip putting stuff in Modules and use hyperlinks from a Home Page instead? It seems to work well. I still use an outline form but thi...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am using prerequisites and requirements for the first time to allow my university students to progress through much of my course at their own pace. I also use MyLab and Mastering as an external tool.  I had set up a chapter MyLab and Mastering quiz...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies