Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

A professor I support showed me this. Three grades in an Assignment Category. Two are out of 20, one is out of 25. When Canvas calculates the grade for the Category, it gives the result as if all three grades had the same weight. Does Canvas not know...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

When you use a matching question and the student had 1 or more combinations wrong, the score is zero. Is this a bug? -> the student should earn a point for each correct combination.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to merge my Canvas calendar to my apple calendar. Is this a possibility? If so, how do I proceed?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New to all this. Late getting in so I’m looking for help with the Midwestern style manual.  •title page •bibliography  ect....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to give all students full credit for a multiple-choice question on a Canvas quiz. I wrote this question myself; it is not from a test bank. I changed one of the multiple-choice answers in order to trigger the Regrade option list, but this list...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi.  I'm wondering if (and how) I can do this for my students. I'm not requesting any new features from Canvas. Instead, I'm looking to see if there's a way to accomplish my goal with the functions that Canvas currently offers. In my class, for each ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I give students access to each others' email addresse?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have thousands of emails in my sent folder. There should be an option to select all so I can delete them all in one click. All email clients including Outlook have this option. Please provide this option in Canvas Inbox.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Here is a scenario:  A student starts a Canvas quiz. The student cannot finish the quiz in one bell. The teacher selects "Lock this Quiz Now."  Will the student be able to access this quiz from home? Or will access be denied until the teacher unlocks...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm adding a new user to my Canvas Free for Instructors account, and no invitation was ever sent; the user's email address didn't show up in my roster, only the name I put in. Instead, I sent him the enrollment link to the course and he was able to r...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

(Beginner alert) I created a course in the admin area that is intended for for instructors to use with students. Did I create it in the wrong space? Can I move it to the dashboard so instructors can assign it to students? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I use Discussion Posts as the primary way my students submit their work. This submission is usually either text entered into the text editor box, a video file, or a Word file to download. I would like to download the submissions from the Discu...

• 4 Likes
  • 20 Replies

I have one student who is claiming that three mc quiz questions would not allow her to select the correct answer.  The other mc questions worked fine.  Is this a possible? or is there a lack of truth occurring?   thank you,   Mike Newhams

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I recently integrated H5P with Canvas (I'm on a free trial with H5P) and love the way I can put in multiple quiz questions together in one activity so only 1 thing to grade. For example, my assignment goes something like this: content to read2 multip...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Reviewing the student videos in the lockdown browser on Canvas, I have noticed that in several cases the duration part says "Not finished". I don´t know if it means that the student did not finish the exam or had problems during the exam. Also the vi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to create subcategories in assignment groups? (i.e. A course is divided into 70% Lecture and 30% Lab. Within the 70%, I want to design 4 categories at 25% each. Same with the 30%). Also - Is it possible to weight a singular assignment ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

problem with items loading in canvas for ladelta Louisiana community college is this a  and if not can anything be done. Due to the issues I cant take my final test or reach out to my teachers in inbox due to the non loadable items needed for those a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I´m a Free Canvas User. Can I restore a deleted course, which was shared by 2 teachers?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Canvas new Quizzes, we can add audio (mp3) to a question. In the preview, I can see that the student can download the audio (via the 3 dots) ?  Is that the case? Why would we want the student to be able to download (exam) questions? Can that be sw...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On multiple occasions, I've accidentally clicked on the white space underneath the drop-down or text box above the "Show only blueprint courses" checkbox. Due to the styles set on the checkbox, the label for the checkbox extends nearly the entire len...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to log into my Beta and Test instances, but the MFA codes are not being pushed to my cell. I tried using the back-up codes logged within my Canvas profile, but those didn't work. Then I added Canvas to my Authenticator app so codes could b...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, RCE is working fine on the Pages, Quizzes tab but it's not working on the Discussions and announcements tab, RCE enhancements are on ALLOW currently, when I turn it ON it changes everything, I want it to work when RCE enhancements is in ALLOW sta...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, One of the exams I am building has three parts to it. Part A has two open essay type questions worth 10 marks each that are compulsory. Parts B & C both have two essay type questions worth 10 marks each again, however the student only needs...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to move quiz questions from a question bank into a quiz so that the questions are set into the fabric of the new quiz. I'm not interested in 'drawing questions from a bank into a quiz dynamically' when the quiz is running.  I can find instru...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Team, We are using the webhooks / data services feature and we have come across a bit of inconsistency between events that makes it tricky to use. 1) Some include hostname and others don't 2) Some use specific ids (125) and others use global (1234...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have used Canvas A LOT over the past 8 years and have a LARGE number of assignments in my Canvas Sandbox.  When I try to access my assignments in my Canvas Sandbox, I get the "spinning wheel" while Canvas is trying to load the assignments.  Then, I...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had my assignments in a good order (basically reverse chronological, without regard to type) and then accidentally re-sorted them reverse chronological (which groups all quizzes together first, then other assignments).  Is there an undo function fo...

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

As the year comes to an end, I want to know if there is a way to save or archive activities and lessons.  I expect my district to delete coursework as the close of the year.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Recently there were some updates to New Quizzes, like how you accessed the banks and set up quizzes. While I applaud the addition of the Build button, when I get to the build part, two new buttons on the top right make the working box so small you ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have just had something upsetting happen.  I am very careful before I post final grades, I double check everything and also keep a paper grid of my students grades. I had a student show me where Canvas had her final grade as a 85.17 but I had writt...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies