Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Instructor reported issue to be that I was able to verify. Canvas won't upload her large course (800 students) gradebook - won't even recognize changes in CSV file -  even when limit import rows to just 10 students! I am able to make it work in a dif...

• 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

My students will make a project with different topics, which the students should sign up for. Each topic should only be available for one student. Is there any way to solve this in Canvas.In our previous system, I solved this by creating groups limit...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello Canvas Community!  We have had numerous (more than five) reports of parents trying to set up observer accounts for their students and they are continuously getting "invalid pairing code" errors.  I have actually gotten this error myself.  It to...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I must be missing something,  Is the only way to get the grade book columns in the order I want them is to constantly to select and scroll EACH column?    Surely there has to be a better way. The grade book appears to simlply organize itself by the "...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

It would be nice for Canvas to be able automatically record completion of a discussion (by recording if a students posts) instead of instructors to have to record responses manually. The graded survey was suggested as an option, but students can't se...

• 2 Likes
  • 11 Replies

My students are receiving this when they are trying to access a Quiz: "This assignment is part of an unpublished module and it not available yet."I have published module and quiz. 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

what does green shaded on the grade mean?  the score did not submit when I attempted to submit and is light green shaded

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I pull up a student in the speed grader to grade their discussion posts and all I see is a stream of everyone's posts. I want to see only that student that I am grading and only their posts?    How is this accomplished, please? I can "search" manuall...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I export a canvas page into a word doc or pdf. I have made tons of really good pages and a student has no access to the work due to computer problems. I would really like to be able to export my work so I can give it to him on a USB. I have t...

• 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello,I would like to have my signature [basically, my name] automatically appear at the end of every message I send to my students, as you can usually do in every other mailing system. I consulted the Instructor Guide, but could not find anything on...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there a way to reorder outcomes so that they are not in alphabetical order? For my set up, it would be extremely helpful for me to reorder my outcomes so that they are listed in the order which they are covered in class.For example, having outcome...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I thought there was a way to impport students into canvas who do not have an email account. Some of my students dont have an account(email).

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get my Profile Picture to import right side up? It is importing up side down. 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On the Discussion board, I want to attach two files to the same discussion#. It is only letting me attach one file. Any suggestions?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I created a discussion question for me students but I forgot to make it a graded assignment.  My students have already posted their responses.  Is there a way to turn it into a graded assignment so I can use speed grader? When I try to edit the assig...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Help to solve the mystery of the missing Submit button!That mischievous little button appears for everyone else - just not little Jane Doe! Is he playing hide and seek? Has he lost his way to her assignment?Wherever could he be??I have a student for ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't find any permission that controls who can export course content from the course's Settings page.  We are concerned with intellectual property rights, and I was dismayed to find that a TA can export all course content, when they have no editin...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

The page background is white and my image background is white. I want to put a border around the image after I insert it into a Page in Canvas. How do I do that? 

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Can I use groups to assign individual assignments (not a group assignment)?  I have a tracked, self-paced course that differentiates assignments by a college prep and honors track.  The assignments are different for students, and I am trying to list ...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

If I already have an account as a teacher, how do I pair with my own child to observe his/her classes?

• 0 Likes
  • 37 Replies

When creating my pages, modules, pretty much anything, the text I'm typing is double spacing between the lines.  I would prefer it to be single spaced, but can't seem to find anything to help me format the spacing.  I would like to learn how to do th...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

On canvas, there's a really nice way for canvas to notify you when grades are published, someone replies to a discussion board, assignments are due, etc. via text message in account settings in webcourses. However, when I try to register my cell numb...

• 4 Likes
  • 16 Replies

How do I access all of a student's discussion board posts for exporting into another document?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

not sure if this question or discussion already exists but...When students make a comment on an assignment submission - especially AFTER the assignment has been seen and graded by the instructor - is there any way to KNOW such later comment has been ...

• 13 Likes
  • 23 Replies

My time is valuable, as is, I am sure, all of yours. So, why must I spend hours managing my Canvas e-mail at the end of every semester? Why must I check and scroll and check and scroll just to move last semester's messages to an archive? Surely Canva...

• 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

We have found a glitch with the "Show one question at a time" option. If you select this option in a quiz with Numerical Answer, formula question or Fill in the blanks type of questions, answering with 0 will mark them unanswered in the sidebar.When ...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, all. This is a common enough issue that I'm sure others have dealt with.Our enrollments are primarily handled through SIS integration or manual .csv uploads, but from time to time we need to enroll a single instructor in a course.It would be f...

• 8 Likes
  • 8 Replies

My company is based in Australia and we have very strict reporting requirements when it comes to providing evidence of participation for students who receive state government funding. Canvas Reports and Analytics don't provide us with enough informat...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If an instructor teaches multiple courses, can they download the full gradebooks from all those courses into one Excel Workbook or CSV file?  Perhaps with a different sheet/tab for each course in the workbook?OR....is there a Report that an entire In...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Only Test Student shows in SpeedGrader. I have 0/34 submissions graded but I am not able to access them. The only option in the drop down next to Test Student is Test Student.  I am a 3 year Canvas user and have never encountered this problem. 

• 5 Likes
  • 11 Replies