Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there a way that student's can see the other student's in the class email addresses so they can connect with each other?  I know I have access to that but am not sure if the student's can see each other's email addresses...Thanks!Stephanie

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I hide both incorrect and correct quiz answers from students until a specific date? The box under options for "let students see their responses (incorrect questions marked in student feedback)" is UNCHECKED, yet when I preview the quiz and sub...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

One of my students is showing as Inactive, but is quite active, what am I missing with this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to see my class syllabus and I cant see any documents that my teacher uploaded it says "You need to authorize this integration in order to use it.Please sign in to your Google account and authorize this integration."I believe I am logged ...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I attached an image to an announcement I was writing and was going to send. But, I decided not to attach the image, but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to remove the attachment from the announcement I am writing. How is this done?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Student access denied to START HERE and rest of pages in course. Canvas recognized her as student.

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to get an assignment I have marked as late in Canvas to be marked as late in Skyward when I use the grade sync?  Currently, if I mark and assignment late in Canvas, it is not being marked as late in Skyward.  

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is the sort order of the Past Enrollments list under Courses? I can't figure out how these are being sorted - it is not by term, or course number or section? Does anyone have any idea?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Can I add a progress bar into a course to indicate to the student how far along they are in the course content?

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We currently use username (jdoe) as login ID but for the purposes of changing our authentication method might need to change to email address (jdoe@xxxxxx.edu).  What are the implications of doing so?  Would we be creating entirely new users (they wo...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I've had a assignment which required 2 files to be submitted. A Word docx and a xlsx file. But it appears that only one file for that assignment can be submitted using Office 365. I know how to do it through the file upload. Using the microsoft of...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello All,We've been using Canvas for not quite a year. Many of our teachers are using a page as a front landing page and linking from there. In the past few months, I have had a handful of teachers tell me their images have randomly resized themselv...

• 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I am curious to have data to know which students actually access a particular file.  In specific, I am curious who actually reads the directions sheet to my writing project assignments.  Is there a way for me to generate a report on something such as...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to over-ride some grades where a late grade deduction was automatically applied. I've changed my settings to not do so, but I can't change the grades already assigned. Yet, when I click on the grade box, the grade I eventually gave them (sever...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to disable the copy and paste (well, actually only paste) into a quizz's answer element. This is to prevent from simply copying answers somewhere and pasting them into the answer field into a quiz.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recently migrated a quiz created with the current version of Quizzes in Canvas with New Quizzes.  Some of the questions on the quiz were multiple drop-down questions with multiple options for each drop-down entry.  After some necessary reformatting...

• 1 Likes
  • 12 Replies

My instructor wants to download all responses by students (for a single assignment) in one file. I know that Canvas allows us to download all submissions. But students' submissions are kept on different files. Is it possible to down all submissions o...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I mute Assignment Comments in SpeedGrader?I give comments on ungraded assignments using SpeedGrader. Last year I was able to mute an assignment in SpeedGrader, upload my comments at my own pace, and then unmute the assignment so all the comme...

• 3 Likes
  • 14 Replies

i used the course link validator and some of the responses say "download wrap=1"What does that mean and how do I fix that?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to determine where I can change settings so we can restrict students from contacting other students in the class on canvas. While one student in particular is of concern, I would prefer to remove all capabilities from students using inbox to c...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I understand Canvas's push for module organization for the student and I'm not opposed to it.  However I'm one month into school teaching 3 preps.  I am building my modules.  Everytime I go to add something to a module I find this:Since I do bellring...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Hello,I am trying to access an online induction module in Nursing and Healthcare Quality Improvement course and all I have on the screen is a flashing dashboard and an empty page.  How can I access my work.Oluwatoyin Akinterinwa

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm sure this is very simple, but I can't seem to figure out how to display student last names in my inbox.  It is difficult to determine which student is messaging me when I have multiple people with the same first name.  Does anyone know that setti...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

On my Modules page, added page titles are being assigned a number. See the image below. The "-2" at the end of the first page title "NOLS| Step Forward..."I have gone back and edited each title to delete those numbers but they are automatically added...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am using the API: GET /api/v1/coursesThe API is returning a subset of my courses, and I can't determine why. It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm a teacher, student or observer. I am wanting a list of all classes where I am a teacher, regardless o...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I can access all of my course materials on the app on my phone, but when I try using my laptop the course will not show up.

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

As a student, can I join a new course by join code with an existing account? Instead of asking my teacher to send me an invitation email.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am running student council elections through Canvas. Students can select 0, 1, or 2 candidates for each class representative position. I currently have these elections set up as ungraded surveys with a multiple answer question. Is there a way to li...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

HiI want to see the grade behind the "note" icon. How do I do that? Thanks/jonas K#gradebook

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Instructor reported issue to be that I was able to verify. Canvas won't upload her large course (800 students) gradebook - won't even recognize changes in CSV file -  even when limit import rows to just 10 students! I am able to make it work in a dif...

• 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies