Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We made the mistake of making quizzes individually and not from Question Banks. Now we want to pull questions from our previous quizzes for our midterms. Is there a way to create a Question Bank from already created quizzes? (Some of the questions ar...

• 18 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Hello everyone,    I'm a new Canvas Admin for my university, and I'm trying to find an answer that doesn't seem to be available online anywhere. Help would be appreciated.   We have 4 "Grading Schemes" on the account level set up. When an instructor ...

• 6 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I am attempting to use Canvas to build some modules for co-curricular experiences, and to develop some professional development modules for faculty and staff as well as student workers. I've been searching for ways to make content visible to only cer...

• 11 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Using Tabs in Your Canvas CourseVideo Link - http://screencast.com/t/y8kKgBuGOWT8 Utilizing tabs in your course may be a good idea for a variety or reasons.Aesthetics – Tabs can improve your course design by making your course more visually appealing...

• 48 Likes
  • 74 Replies

It is before the assignment due date, and one student accidentally submitted a partly completed assignment. I would like to give this one student an extra submission on the assignment, but I don't want to give the whole class two submissions. How do ...

• 5 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Hi all,I uploaded a 5MB MP4 to a module in my course. When I click on the corresponding link, I'm told "Media has been queued for conversion, please try again in a little bit." This has been queued for 10+ minutes now. I've searched, but I can't find...

• 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a way to change a user's title?I have a user who is no longer the department chair and he asked how he could remove it from his profile page. I didn't know how he could do it. I also have not been able to make the change for him. I assume th...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a feature for adding a caption to an image or figure, e.g., Figure 1.3. Distribution of Mr. Pibb machines in Pennsylvania?

• 6 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Teachers are not receiving notifications to their emails and are receiving the attached error message.  The email worked all of last year and for he first weeks of this current school year.  It is a global problem.  We are using Gmail and have not ch...

• 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I see how to resend a Course Invitation, but how do I resend the Canvas invite?Also, I see Course invites when I sign on Canvas.  Is there any way to send a course invite as an email to the student?ThanksJenny McGrailHoly Family Academy

• 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Is there a way to mark something as completed on each task on each day in the calendar?

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone found a useful way to use Turnitin within the context of a quiz containing an essay question?  This came up during an impromptu Canvas consult the other day and I am searching for someway to streamline this process considerably.  I realize...

• 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hi allI’m hoping I can get some ideas from the community about good examples or ideas of icebreaker sessions for students.We are looking courses where the student cohort are spread across multiple faculties and colleges and only meet a few times per ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 18 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I really do not want to check Canvas and my email for student questions. How can I either disable inbox messages or have them forwarded to my email account?

• 21 Likes
  • 42 Replies

Hello,Is there a way to restrict file downloads such that the file is only viewable in a module and that students are not prompted/allowed to download to their local machine? All I can find is How do I restrict files and folders to students in Canvas...

• 17 Likes
  • 18 Replies

Hi all,On the Hidden Canvas Permissions thread there was some discussion of sharing permission structures that work for people. I don't want them to get lost on the other thread, so I thought we could start this place to compare notes and give new ad...

• 9 Likes
  • 10 Replies

8/15/2018 Update:  To sign up as a student, use this link:This course has enabled open enrollment. Students can self-enroll in the course once you share with them this URL:https://resources.instructure.com/enroll/8R9H7B. Alternatively, they can sign ...

• 147 Likes
  • 1010 Replies

I'm interested in using Starfish/Hobson's early alert with Canvas. So I'm looking for any feedback from existing users? It has a good review in the Instructure EduApp, so I'm thinking someone had a good experience with it. Any feedback or suggestions...

• 14 Likes
  • 45 Replies

I have a quiz set up as graded quiz for 40 points but I want to use that as extra credit. How can I do this? I do not have weighted categories it is straight point system  Please advise.

• 10 Likes
  • 20 Replies

Hi there!I am one of two Canvas administrators at a high school in Sydney, Australia. We have been implementing Canvas this year which has generated lots of interesting discussions.One of those discussions has lead to a request for certain 'terminolo...

• 19 Likes
  • 18 Replies

So at CanvasCon in Florida yesterday, the question about groups vs. banks came up.  Here are my thoughts on them:Right now, I prefer groups over banks for 2 reasons. 1, you can edit a question in a live quiz with groups and regrade automatically.  Yo...

• 18 Likes
  • 22 Replies