Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

At my institution, we're required to list the last date each student submitted as assignment. I don't know how to find the date of each student's last submission in the "New analytics" feature of Canvas. It used to be available in a chart in the anal...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some time now, my Canvas dashboard UI has changed. I can no longer see how many announcements I have, change to different views, or see all of my upcoming assignments together. Some of my friends have the same issue but some are still able to see...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to drop one quiz score for one student. I do not want to setup a policy where the lowest quiz score is drop for all, just one. Can I do that?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to register github login, so i well registerd github_developer settings and canvas lms authentication settings. But when i click a "login with github" button on login page, the error page like that picture came up,,, It means "The...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've been using Canvas for a few years now, haven't had any issues with anything, including the use of my browser (Microsoft Edge). However today when I go on Canvas, I'm met with a dashboard with three pulsing cards where my classes should be. The i...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to embed an audio file into a question. Is there a way to limit the number of times a student can listen to two?  Thanks...  Phil Jones

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have seen a few posts about this but not a full answer anywhere. We are looking to fully brand our Canvas instance to match our university fonts as we roll out our new university website as well. I was curious if anyone has already done this and kn...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import a timetable to Canvas as an admin that will be visible to the whole university (teachers, students etc.)? In our system, we usually create a timetable of lessons per semester that includes the following information: date, course name,...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I have the announcements show up on the main course page?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I create a new section to differentiate work and add students to it and remove them from the other section will it affect my ability to grade sync? Is there any other issues it could cause? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My grade periods are not set up for my Science Grade 6 Brazos School.... I thought I could do this myself; however, after looking through several things, I don't think I have the correct permissions to do anything with it. Does an admin have to set c...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am working with some websites that allow me to "Create a QR code for this page" when I right click on an image. Can I embed these QR codes in a Canvas page to direct my students to the webpage/image of interest? Or can I actually use the QR code to...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All my *pages" still exist, but our IT department is going to delete courses prior to 2 years ago. YES, I know I could have saved all the courses, but haven't, and don't want to export all those now, midterm.  SO, it seems that with all my pages STIL...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I would like to have a speedgrader search function where I can search for a student instead of going through all the students. I would also like the students' last names to appear first in alphabetical order. Is this something that can be arran...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is is currently possible to have more than 1 item bank in a "larger" item bank (like folders within folders)? My vision as I'm making a quiz in New Quizzes is that there are 2 versions of a question, and students will randomly get one of those versio...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi When annotating on ipad using the ipencil i have found the document bounces around on the screen making it difficult to cleave a clear comment / annotation How can i fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

It takes way too much time to manually mark assignments as "Missing". I don't understand why Canvas has not added this simple, standard grading option for the Grades that would save most teachers a lot of time when grading assignments with no submiss...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Dear community, I am new to Canvas and its API.  As many others here, I would like to be able to disable and enable my users temporarily. AFAIK there is no direct API call for this so my idea is the following: - Search user by its SIS ID (which is id...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have seen a few posts about this but not a full answer anywhere.  We are looking to fully brand our Canvas instance to match our university fonts as we roll out our new university website as well.  I was curious if anyone has already done this and ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

why can't I log into my account? I just reset my password and the account is already open

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I go about finding my Customer Success Manager, I took over as the IT Manager for my district and they have not had anyone managing this area directly for about 2 years. I have sent multiple tickets request via the help button in canvas but ha...

• 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hi, all. My colleagues and I noticed a strange behavior in Canvas recently.  If a section from one course (say, ID=1) gets cross-listed to another course (ID=2) and subsequently gets re-cross-listed back to the original course (again, ID=1), the Canv...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Morning -- I have set up MasteryPaths in a course and when I tested each path (in student view), I discovered that the scores are not opening the correct path.  For example, as a student, I scored a 20/100 in the Prior Knowledge quiz and the correct ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Oh I love problems like this.... not! So one of our lecturers on our new install of Canvas was uploading a timetable in Excel format to her course and finds that the document viewer within Canvas is reinterpretting her file into MM/DD/YY format. So s...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello! My institution is looking to implement account-level groups, rather than create courses for each individual group set. The thought is that each major could have a group to connect students with internships, jobs, and other extracurricular oppo...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, please see below picture.  What I'm trying to do is change that thin green bar and iconography to a different color (orange, if that's relevant).  I've managed to change the colors of the entire classroom using the Themes page, but there were ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to delete emails?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Jag, lärare och administratör för mina kurser, har lyckats skriva in lärandemål som jag sen inte vill använda mig av och skapade en grupp där jag fick en bättre struktur på lärandemålen för min kurs. Nu vill jag städa upp och ta bort de felaktiga lär...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an admin in an ID + support role, but have been a back-end admin as well, so I play a few unique roles. One of my favorite things is playing around with the API. I'll start out by saying that this is something I want to share out as a solution to...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies