Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am trying to import state learning standards to my schools account. In Canvas support it says I need to contact our Customer Success Manager for to get access to these standards. I have done this and have received no communication in return. Thank...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an instructor reporting that Speedgrader is cutting off Word Docs. He has a student that uploaded a ten page submission in Speedgrader, and only the first three pages are showing. When the submission is downloaded, all pages are in the documen...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Our first quarter has just ended and the grades that parents are seeing on the main page of the Canvas Parent App include ungraded assignments.  Our teachers have until the end of next week to finish grading so this is causing a lot of problems with ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Colleagues, I watched the recording of this Tableau session that was delivered during InstructureCon (https://www.instructure.com/canvas/resources/instructurecon-2021/tableau-bring-data-literacy-to-your-classroom#main-content) but it wasn't clear to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have had this happen 3 or 4 times now. Once I create a new canvas account, I cannot log back into it after I have logged out. I have to create an entirely new account in order to continue with my classes. I have been using the right password and em...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Your Password Reset does not work, i.e. it does not send an email to the inbox or spam. The course provider says to use the link https://awsrestart.instructure.com/login/canvas, that's you! How can I login? Class starts on Oct 18, 2021

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a course set up with 3 classes and teachers which I have assigned as individual sections. I would like to know if there is a way that I can only have the grading/marking show up in my notifications for my section. Currently I am getting notifi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having an issue where some of my students are seeing the Comment icon from their gradebook, but some cannot. I have had the student's who can and who cannot send me how they are seeing or not seeing, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out w...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So we have times when courses (such as Honors and Non-Honors) are combined into one course and divided by section. There are also times when students assigned to one section will be moved to another but rather than delete them outright from the previ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We currently have instructors using Google Classroom and a handful testing Canvas for deployment next year. We seem to be unable to upload grades from Canvas to Tyler SIS. The instructors have the Canvas button available in Tyler SIS, but nothing hap...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do I have to use the Lockdown Browser when taking quizzes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy! Just wondering about other higher ed institutions that are using Canvas for program assessment (but not the Program Assessment tool in Portfolium). I've found some helpful resources like https://www.k-state.edu/assessment/training/canvas/progr...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students are not able to access their assistive technology tools when they move the annotation tool built into Canvas to full screen on a Chromebook. If this is possible, please let me know. Thank you.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I did a slide for my school and I would like to see how many times my file has been viewed ? I don't find nothing to see this then I come here to ask you ^^ Also I'm sorry, I'm french and my english isn't perfect at all then I'm doing my best 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi Canvas Support, I am wondering if there's a way to prompt a notification when a student submits material for all items in an assignment group. For instance, let's say I have a "Week 1" assignment group that contains a Quiz and an Assignment. I wou...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good afternoon, our company has Canvas LMS installed on our server, the number of people using canvas is about 1000. The last update was in 2020, I would like to know if there are any companies that help to update Canvas LMS or is there a guide on h...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - One of our parents cannot see both of her children in Canvas at the same time.  She has a third grader and sixth grader.   They go to different schools but within the same district. Any solutions??Thank you!  

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,  I was wondering if there is a way to lock the Syllabus at a Blueprint level so that individual course instructors cannot edit the syllabus?  I want to decide on a Syllabus that every associated course under a Blueprint course needs to follow...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recently started getting the message - "Cannot export Canvas submission in section 699506 assignment 5656408 for student student_..... - Cannot export Canvas submission with null score unless marked as excused or missing". How can I find out which ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I register new users using SIS import in Canvas. How do I know that an email has been sent out where the user gets a link to choose a password etc.? I have created a CSV file, imported it and the system showed that it was successful. All users w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Team   Please assist me to find the course mentioned above. Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi So I'm one of the account admins, and I have noticed something with the menu on the left of courses. Sometimes it says Marks, and in other courses it may says Grades, see the image below. From 2 different courses in the same sub-account. They stil...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Some of my quizzes are not required. By that I mean, the students have available, say, 10 quizzes worth 10 points each (for a total of 100 points possible), but I only require them to do 90 points worth. If they ace all 10 and get 100 points, then th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas looks so good on mobile, yet, it's a really weird and clunky interface when it comes to the web version...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I searched for an existing question/idea on this, but they all seem to relate back to the Dashboard view. Is there, or can there be, a way to organize courses within the Courses view? For instance, by providing an option for filtering--which is one a...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way for a teacher to see all the grades of a student? We are trying to become less reliant on our student management system, but within Canvas we cannot figure out how to allow a single teacher (i.e. homeroom) see all other course grades o...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

None of my office 365 files from my one drive show up when I try to upload an assignment on safari but they show up fine on chrome. Has anyone had any problems with this/ know a fix?safari browserchrome browser

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I imported Canvas course material from one course to anotherI asked it to keep the dates the same, but when I look at the new course (which runs the same time-frame), the dates are missing. Am I doing something wrong? Seems inefficient to have to re-...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there I have read the solutions to "Locked Files" which is very helpful thanks! I do have a further question to this: We have groups undertaking the same courses at different time schedules and we hoping we can lock the files to sections, to be av...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Once a program is listed in Catalog and people have registered for it, can you still add new courses to that program?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies