Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi there, I am fairly new to canvas from the teaching side, and I am trying to find the possibilities to create an event on Canvas that is subscription-based. Meaning, the event has a limited size, and we're exploring options on how to let students r...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  Is there a way to hide or disable the grade box for Inactive students in the 'Submit Grade' in Canvas? We use ILP  -  Canvas, and Ellucian  (Colleague)  to pass the grades from Canvas to SIS.  We are a new  Canvas client, and the Inactive sta...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have given a quiz. The grades were mostly horrible. I am offering a make-up quiz with the understanding that I will take the highest of the two scores. (the original quiz score OR the score from the make-up quiz) How do I keep selected grades on th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I would like to change the image that we currently have on our Canvas login page, for breakthru College. Can you please tell me how I can do this?  See attached. Thank you, Isabelle

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our college is new to Canvas and has discovered an issue that we are in a time crunch to solve. We have a capstone course that consists mainly of quizzes/tests that have to be passed in order for students to graduate. Our school has always allowed st...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I saw PCC have this program and I am very interested. There is a total of 12 units. Does anyone know what's the estimated total cost and how long it takes to finish all 12 units? Thanks! I have been practicing yoga for more than 2 years as my hobby. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble removing the title of the "Term" that is shown on top of the side navigation area. When I go into Settings, it is not an editable area.  Please help!!

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have created several badges for my courses and I would like to include them in a report.  The attendance report doesn't include badges and the Canvas help file states that they are included in a "course report."  Where do I access course reports an...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In Roll Call, can the students see the badges that the teachers uses? What is the purpose of the badges? They do not show up on the attendance report? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is there a way to update or replace a rubric - lets say there's a typo in in - but students have been assessed against it - how can i update or replace the rubric? cheers

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to configure offline quizzes on Canvas? The student takes the quizz and the answers are uploaded the next time he/she connects to the Internet. Timing and # of tentatives would be the same as online quizzes. I'm the administrator of Ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I am trying to access the Canvas API via postman and getting the below error: {     "errors": [         {             "message": "Invalid access token."         }     ] }   I tried generating access token multiple times using Postman OAuth 2.0, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all! I help coordinate a lab with many TAs and have been hearing from a lot of them that the automatic late policy (10% reduction per day for up to two days after the due date) sometimes doesn't get correctly applied. Examples of this: •Student tu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After submitting a quiz in Grades in Assignments tab I see my Score is 4 Out of 20.In the Learning Mastery tab I see my score is 0.67,   0.67/20. The first one is the correct. What is 0.67? Thanks,Sandor UPDATE:  I tried a lot of possibilities, and t...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello I reset a student view, without realizing it would delete the assignments submitted for the test student. Is there any way to restore or access these? Thanks so much.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have videos in my current courses (Media) which I want to add to my DEV course, but when I click on Import content, it does not give me any useful places to go to on Canvas or my own computer to obtain or link these videos. So, are videos not files...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student at my school where my instructor has set me multiple interactive quizzes (ones that contain music and animations). I complete each and every quiz however it appears that none of them are actually being submitted to my instructor. I com...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a parent/observer, how do I create/print a report to show my student/child’s grades and status (submitted, missing, late) for all assignments in particular class FROM A PREVIOUS YEAR?  The info is available when looking in my student’s Canvas acco...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How does Canvas enforce the minimum or maximum word limit on an essay question? Does it simply just require the user to add more words (if under) before they can submit? Does it prevent the user from typing more?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Teachers in my building have different ways of organizing Canvas and I often cover Study Hall after school and help students with missing work.  When a student opens their grade report and has a missing assignment you can select the assignment and it...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I started creating assignments using the Student Annotation on a PDF instead of a file upload because my students "accidentally" submit the wrong assignment but when they add a textbox you can't manipulate the textbox so that it fits where you want i...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Colleagues, A professor would like to set up a quiz using a case study format where the students answer a series of questions by referring to different prompts. Aside from printing out the case study (which may be difficult or impossible in certain o...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wondering if it was possible, perhaps through Themes, to remove the "List View" option from the Dashboard?  Students are locking into list view and missing important content contained within modules.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to link my most recent module to my home page? I'd love to be able to set it once, then as I publish a new module each week, my home page link just updates to the new one without having to publish the module, then update the link every...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I once saw an example home page where the instructor had each module as a box. The box was an image and the image were arranged in a grid. This allowed students to click on the image and be taken to the applicable module. Does anyone have examples of...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Am I right that when you use 'practice test', the system still keep a record of the grades (somewhere)?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor who has several item banks built in New Quizzes. These are publisher banks she has converted. On two separate quizzes that use these banks, two different students marked different multiple choice questions with the correct answer...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone knew a way to use an essay question in Canvas to have a student show work for STEM in conjunction with some app to show work on a problem.    In short, how to use a whiteboard app within the Canvas q...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies