Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

When I receive an email notification about a discussion post, and I click "Click here to join the conversation," it used to take me directly to the specific post/reply. But as of a couple weeks ago, it only links to the top of the discussion board, n...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning! I have one student in a course that is getting notices that he is missing assignments and he has submitted them. When I look in the grade book I can see his grades for his assignments but when I click on his name for his grade details i...

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

As a teacher, can I download the View Student Progress so that I can track students' status on the course/module? or only the school admin are allowed? Thank you in advance.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi folks, 1. When I create a quiz, Canvas does not ask me to select from New/Classic quiz. Can anyone help me know why? 2. Since I don't get the options of New/Classic quiz how do I know if my quizzes are New or Classic. 3. Can I get GPA option in gr...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Although within current period (ie between start and end dates, or no dates set) only the rubric is showing when in student view, not the external cloud (google) doc. This is when I'm not being asked to 'Authorize' ... because as others have found, t...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am needing to reset my password and have sent in a request and still have not heard anything.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, I'm an online student that has been using Canvas for about a year. I'd like to give some feedback and start a discussion about the mediasite player.My experience with mediasite has been frustrating. The main problems I have are the viewing wi...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

advanced latex mode disappeared, is it possible to get it back? How? In the new equation editor, when I choose "edit directly in Latex", I do not see how the formula looks anymore, I only see my latex code, and down, where the formula shall appear, I...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hoping there is a solution to my issue that I am just overlooking. I will try to explain this as simply as I can! SITUATION A Canvas course for student orientation is built. It consists of multiple modules regarding items that all new students of the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Curious what others might be doing: We have our Canvas instance locked down so faculty can't add LTI's on their own.  We have a vetting process that all items added to Canvas must go through and this is our way of enforcing this.  We also have certai...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Some background: My district is shifting grading focus to a more standards based approach. With that, we are wanting to "delay the grade" and allow for many opportunities to revise. Speed Grader Suggestion:It would be nice to be able to mark an assig...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to add an instructor or staff member to a Canvas page without them being visible to students?  We have two cases: - An instructor available in case of emergency, but who normally would not want to receive messages but can check the sit...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm an instructional designer at a relatively large school. I am relatively new to tapping into Canvas APIs, but I think I am getting the hang of it. I use Postman primarily. I am looking to create groups in sections of courses prior to course migrat...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are exploring the FESTO Technical Education LTI integration with Canvas.    Does anyone have experience incorporating FESTO instructional materials into their instance of Canvas?  And if so, any insights on its functionality and ease of use of fac...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My midterm quizzes have fractional scores even though that is impossible. My quiz has 31 possible points, and there is no way for a student to get a fraction of a point. Despite this, all the grades have decimals to the hundredths, and they do not co...

• 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hi, one of my courses I had created under my Free for Teacher account that ended on Feb 5 2022 just won't go away from the Dashboard no matter what I do. I wonder what the problem is as no solutions from the guides seem to help.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone, I am working with a Registered raining Organization. Our all assessments are competency-based. We normally create quizzes with multiple "Essay Type" questions and grade them as 'satisfactory/unsatisfactory'. In case a student attempts 8 ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor embedding Google Slides that have been published to the web.  I want them to fill a Page and resize responsively. I already have this part set up in the code and have removed the bottom navigation bar from the slideshow. I notice t...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was wondering if there was a way to populate quizzes using the .csv upload feature. Looking at the canvas import package, it looks like it lets me upload accounts, courses, groups, logins, sections, etc., but I was wondering if there is a way to up...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to pull a report from the permissions tab showing the roles and permissions granted to them?

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Has anyone encountered issues with the Adobe Creative Cloud Express (formerly Adobe Spark) integration? I had a report from a school this morning for a student who is getting stuck in a login loop when they try to open the Adobe assignment in Canvas....

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We've noticed that somewhat recently when we export an ePub from canvas, it doesn't correctly code   's as spaces. The result is as such: As coded in the course: ...dancing. They... As coded in the ePub: ...dancing.They...  This requires ma...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having an issue where any videos that I link to that are saved in Canvas (mp4 files) are not displaying if I make an accordion. With tabs, a video will show on the FIRST tab, but not in subsequent tabs. Looking at the code, for some reason it is ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Frequently (maybe once or twice a week?) I go to the canvas app to check a notification and am asked to search for my institution and sign in again. Every time this happens, I get a duplicate notification with every push notification. So if I had to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have created a couple of groups in my course, and I want to assign a different quiz to each group. However, though you can assign an assignment to a group, the same option doesn't exist when setting up a quiz. I even tried setting up an assignment ...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When I post an assignment using the Student Annotation feature, my students experience their pdf files turning black.  This is happening to individual pages, not the entire pdf.  Example: page 2 of 5 is black, but the others are fine.  This is also h...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to edit a pending invite to make sure the email address is the correct one that was sent? Or even view the email that was entered and sent to a student?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I found a hidden game in canvas and am wondering how many are there?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question about Canvas Quiz and Timed Quiz. If I have the exam open for students for 24 hours but they only have like 120 minutes to do so would the system kick them out after 120 minutes in Canvas when the exam opens? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you please help me figure out the best way in Canvas to do what I want to do?   I have 3 groups who are each creating a presentation and submitting it to me in Canvas (as a group assignment) for a grade (which I know how to grade, as a group or i...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies