Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I recently already had a problem with Canvas not letting me sign in which recently got fixed but now I have an additional problem. After finally being able to sign in to canvas it is now not showing my classes that I know should be on there. What can...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I am trying to upload my school logos. I get an error it doesn't load and when I click on preview page the logos doesn't appear. and they only allow the default one.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, A course that I am no longer taking and have finished from the previous semester is still on my canvas dashboard…how can i fix this? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There is no option to change the status from "unassociated" to "changed" or "synchronized." Do I have to wait until the semester actually begins for this option to be available?If not, why can't I change it from "unassociated"?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way for my students to submit an assignment through canvas and have it go to a specific folder in google drive? I tried doing the "Google Drive Cloud" assignment under "Submission Type" but I couldn't link a Folder.  Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My canvas won't load on my computer. It let's me log in but, won't load completely. It gives me three options dashboard, calendar and inbox which I can click on but it  doesn't show me anything on the tabs. It works on my phone fine but since some cl...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I may have missed an answer to this in one of the many posts relating to grade posting policies.  Forgive me if that is the case.If a manual grade posting policy is used on a course, is any record kept in Canvas of the actual date that the grades wer...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way for me to view who is making changes to a calendar in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I initially enrolled continuing education before and now I enrolled college classes but I don’t see my college class on canvas just continuing education. How do I fix it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there any APIs we can use to check system health and service availability like what is shown on the status.instructure.com page? We are hoping to have our internal system monitoring tools monitor the health and notify us when an Instructure servi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to share one of my Canvas Documents to Google Classroom?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Semester-long project are introduced at the beginning of the semester. Students read a page which gives instructions for the project. At the end of the semester, students submit the project using an assignment. I want students to see the rubric when ...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello, I attempted to register for Eureka Math K-5, but accidentally signed up for Amplify. I need help on how to delete Amplify course and change it to Eureka Math. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I've been using canvas for over a year and all of a sudden none of my classes are appearing in canvas, I could see them through my app but not my computer. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm in a lesson where I'm supposed to look at my modules, but I don't know how to start a class yet.  Can you advise?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The create new course feature in my free canvas account is disabled.  How can I create new courses?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was updating some of my canvas pages by copying and pasting from from a MS Word document I had been working on. All of a sudden, Canvas would not allow me to paste. Can you help me correct this?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A faculty asks: "I am having an issue with the Canvas calendar feature. I am putting in events and then trying to extend them across multiple days. Specifically, I am just labeling the weeks of the semester as week 1 – all the way to week 16. For the...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Help!  My assignment submission deadline is tomorrow and while I can log into Canvas I can't do anything.  I get to the landing page and when clicking on any of the icons nothing happens.  The dashboard icons are just blank squares that flash.  I tri...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor and I assign video quizzes for my classes. The students have 1 attempt per video quiz. If they end up retaking the course, their 1 attempt is carried over (it appears to be linked with the video quiz itself and not the semester or ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to import a QTI publisher file into Canvas as a testbank. During the import step it asks for either the Default Testbank and then shows a drop-down with existing testbanks, or it asks for a new testbank name. Neither of these options ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I turn off homeroom mode on computer as a student? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how can i acces my canvas, its not showing my subjects 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an access code to join a group in canvas where do I go to add that group in canvas ?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We would like to provide live feedback to students as they are working on a Google assignment. Is there a way to provide students with support before they submit a Google assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

According to a lot of the resources I'm seeing, it looks like online classes are becoming taxable in several states. Does the Instructure community have a plan to compensate for these new laws or any integrations they recommend to move towards paying...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Two students have not received the email from Canvas to join the course. The course is Published and Canvas says the email has been sent, but students have not received it. I am the instructor. Yes, we have checked their spam and trash folders. For t...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a class that is cross listed. When I perform the grade sync I can see the assignment, but the grade does not sync. How can I see the grade and the assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

One of our faculty members is attempting to copy content from one to another and adjust the dates and time when doing so. When they attempt to shift the dates during the course copy, they get an error that says "Couldn't adjust dates on assignment <a...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

With all of the functioned offered by Canvas, why does the gradebook not have an option to automatically email students who did not submit the assignment by the due date?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies