Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I would like to know in which part of the API is the creation of users, evaluation information and student attendance.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Posting this although I see questions like it have been asked before and not really answered.  As a teacher, if I duplicate an assignment within my current term (I believe) I can edit and delete the duplicate.  When I duplicate from last term though,...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dropped a class and registered in a different class. Wondering how long it'll be before the new class shows up in my canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, i will be leaving the country for a couple weeks soon, am i able to access canvas while in mexico?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new to the parent/child groups in Canvas, but I love the fact that I can create one assignment for all the sections of the same class that I teach. However, when I try to synch the grades to PowerTeacher Pro, the only grades that synch are the "...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, hopefully an easy one. A Teacher would like to setup polling via a forum using "Likes" as the voting mechanism. I thought this would be fairly easy to do but having gone into the Discussion Settings I can't find the "Sorting" option highlight...

• 2 Likes
  • 21 Replies

There was a problem with Turnitin Reports a while back and I asked a question which wasn't answered.https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Unable-to-view-Turnitin-Similarity-Report-from-Canvas/m-p/477104Could you provide the most up...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have a 10 points´quiz with 5 questions and each question scores 2 points, but at the Speed Grader one of the questions is shown scoring 1 point and the final score for all students that got right all questions is 9 out of 10. How can we fix this pr...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm curious as to where the training services portal is. I have the free K-12 version, and just clicked under 'Help' but cannot find it. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

From experience & this forum, I see there is really no straightforward way to assign a quiz to a student group - I'd really love to see that capability, though.Has anyone tried creating a goup assignment then including a link to the quiz in the assig...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I upload videos from My Media into my courses?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a parent create an observer account without a pairing code? Several pairing codes have been sent but are not working. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a new student that cannot open assignments under modules.message says to sigh in to your google account to authorize thie integration.??

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Greetings,Happy new year! I hope everyone had a great holiday week.I am a Canvas course admin for a higher ed institution working with many specialized cohorts.We just noticed that learners of one section are missing all their quiz grades - we are un...

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

In a Canvas Course with LTI Activity Links that are gradable, can the Canvas Course Grade Book be setup to only post the highest grade that a student has received for a gradable activity? For example, Student A clicks on a LTI Activity Link that is g...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student. I submitted 7 assignments of many on time in one class and seven assignments on time of a lesser number of total assignmenst in a second class and one assignment of many on time in a third class. Canvas gave the submitted assignment m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a new student who was added to my roster at the end of Q2.  Everything assigned to class prior to her enrollment defaults to missing.  For Q2, I can go back and edit those to excused.  Is there a way I can go in and do that for Q1 -- when I tr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I as faculty upload a live recording of students work directly to a graded assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have several ungraded assignments throughout the course. This term, I want to implement a point penalty for non-completion rather than assign points for completing the assignment. How do I chronicle this in the gradebook?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hey guys any ideas on how i can access my class im taking from another school? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a quiz where students do not see the correct answers before selecting an answer? I followed every step carefully and when I used the student view, the correct answers appeared.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I view my course as an instructor? I can only see it as student view. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am taking a course in Canvas that says record my thoughts in the graphic organizer which I have to submit later in the course.  I can't seem to find where that graphic organizer is located.The course is called:STEM Integration and Inclusionary Prac...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a freshman and I'm going to study online in the winter semester of 2023. I want to know the date when everything upload in my canvas because there are nothing in my canvas now.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students are not able to see the assignments.  There is a box that appears while hovering over the eye with a line through it.  Where do I need to look to enable students to be able to view the assignments?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas was not working.   

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I give another professor TA access to my class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find where to take AR Tests at home on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to merge a 5 point canvas quiz with an uploaded pdf assignment score into an overall chapter score. Is there a way to do this? 

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies