Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

For all you that have the Kaltura LTI tool, do you know if it is possible to turn on playlist creation in My Media or Media Gallery? I have been trying a bunch of different combinations of settings in the KAF but nothing seems to work. I saw here: ht...

• 6 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For the beginning of the new School year, I am assuming all our student forgot their passwords.  Is there a way to globally reset all their passwords?How do other schools handle this?  Our users are already in Canvas--we are not uploading our Schedul...

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We need to make sure that teachers do not rename their courses, because of other systems working to pull data from Canvas. I can't find any information on which Permission I could remove so that the teacher could not edit the course name.

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Canvas have the message recall feature? Thanks very much.

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I ran across this article, and thought it would be worth sharing.Personally I use several Chome apps, most relevant to this group might be Postman, or DHC.I found reference to this in several places as a sanity check: Google saying buh-bye to Chrome ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When a teacher is away they post the work via Canvas. We desire for replacement teachers to be able to view this work, handle any queries and mark attendance.What is the best way to configure this to grant the necessary permissions.

• 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I have 30 quizzes in my course. I would like to make a change to all of them. Is there any way to do this?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

One-LinerExamples of visualizations created with Tableau Desktop against Canvas Data data accessed from an Amazon Redshift data source.One-LinerOverviewRequirements for UseExamplesOverviewHaving worked extensively with Crystal Reports as a consultant...

• 19 Likes
  • 12 Replies

UPDATE - October 7, 2016The majority of issues expressed below have been corrected--though in fact the Feature Option that includes the Sidebar is NO longer listed for administrators.  There are, however, a few lingering issues:Thanks to  @hesspe ​ f...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 26 Likes
  • 54 Replies

I am trying to create 3rd party app following LTI standard. I am hosing canvas locally on VM. I am using self-signed certificate and set https requests to external tool.I need token in order to make API calls to Canvas.I am stuck at the step 3 of get...

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone-As you probably know, discussions in Canvas need some love for larger communities of practices - we have the need for discussion forums that can be organized into categories and stay threaded.We looked into using the open source version o...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 13 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I'm working with an institution that would like to change the default grading scheme that is used whenever a new course is created so the scheme doesn't have to be adjusted or added manually each time. Is this possible?

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello - we are just implementing and have made a few mistakes and learned quite a bit.  I haven't been able to find a complete answer to a question regarding Course and Section SIS IDs.Most of our courses were setup manually, but we used SIS Import f...

• 6 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello,Been reading a lot about cross-sectioning courses, though seems to be geared towards a one teacher to a many course layout.  Our desired model is many teachers to many courses AND we still want to have one location for a teacher to view all stu...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How is the “Total Activity” time that’s shown on the people page in Canvas calculated.  Is it based on total interaction time on pages?  How does “hang time” between interactions get taken into account?  If at all.

• 20 Likes
  • 35 Replies

Hi All,If we have Turitin within our Assignment, then whcih Date/Time fuction should we use? Since both Assignment and Turitin itself have these functions.Thanks

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'd like to print a Canvas calendar; is there a function to create a PDF or somesuch? Also, what will print when I print?

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

DescriptionQ: How can I motivate and empower my students using the tools in Canvas?A: By asking or requiring them to use tools that empower them as they contribute to the course content and to their own learning.In this session we are going to look a...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Where can I find a list of what features/items the role of Instructional Designer has in Canvas in terms of administration?Thanks

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Anyone else having a problem with newly added YouTube videos not displaying within Canvas as expected in Chrome and IE? Currently, when a link to a YouTube video is pasted in to the rich content editor of a page, and then the page is saved, the thumb...

• 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have an instructor who was able to download the zip file for the "canvas test bank" from Cengage. When we upload this file what upload option do we choose? Thanks!!

• 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We have standardized the Canvas usernames/passwords assigned to students but they are unfortunately too complex for our younger students. I would like to assign these students a simple username/password combination to use while in K-3. It would be gr...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to set up our new school year in Canvas.  I set up the new School Term, but every time i go to the start page, I see all the courses from last year (unless I use the Filter option to show the 2016-2017 school year).  I want everyone to de...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi -What methods do most designers have in place/suggest when utilizing a course for a new cohort? I don't want to delete the old course rather keep it open for users for a month or so then close it out to users. I don't want to reset as this clears ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,as an admin, I work with Canvas application powered by TurnKey,I would like to create a nav with the courses down the main nav at the right, what would be the best way to achieve that?Also where I can modify the place of the blocks (some kind o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you're a Kaltura campus you should check out the new video quizzing option. Results write to the Canvas gradebook. http://corp.kaltura.com/Products/Features/Interactive-Video-Quizzing  We only recently became of aware of it. We enabled the LTI yes...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our Product team is looking for insight into Master Course needs and usage and would appreciate your participate where applicable. This survey will take approximately 5 minutes.Master Courses Survey Thank you!

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I stop a class content from importing once it is says "pre-processing"

• 7 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Found a URL while building my PBL ideas and thought I would share it How to Start Incorporating Games Into the Classroom

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 0 Replies