Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi. I am using the export/import function in grade centre to upload student grades. However, when I do there are gaps in the data which I am having to fill in by hand. I am working on a Mac, but I am taking care to ensure that the .csv file is UTF8 e...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello!Does Canvas round grades in the Grading Scheme or does it take the tenths place at face value?Example:Name     Range    A               100%                  to 89.5%B                <89.5%             to 79.5%C               <79.5%            ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

New to Canvas, here. Can anyone tell me if the Total column rounds, or takes the tenths place at face value?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I work for a college at the graduate level. We have two separate programs here. One for education, and one for management. We want to keep those separate. I added the courses that are offered for each program and just made them "permanent" courses. A...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When trying to test an upload for new courses I am getting an Invalid UTF-8 error from one of my files. Is there any way to identify the data that is causing the error? The file generates courses for our current academic year and uploads fine, but th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Answers and Questions are question mark boxes, I have a MacBook Pro Apple M1 Pro, and I'm using Safari

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I send my module to students with no regular access to Canvas? I made a module for my Master's Degree Program. The module is complete, I just need to get access to the students.. How exactly do I do that??Please help.. implimentation is in the...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Good Evening, I am implementing my module tomorrow and I am not sure how to share it with the 10 students. I could send a link to their email or write the credentials on the board and let them find it, but I am not sure how.Please Help! 

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I need to upload a 5gb project file to the DROPBOX for course for Module4 of Visualizing 3D Data - INFO-10314-SM? Please send me the linkJohn Kirk

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there something I need to do to finalize my coursework and submit its completion?  Or does this just naturally occur when the course times out?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Assignments in my district have two labels: preparation and assessment.  They are weighted 30% and 70% respectively.  When I create those labels for assignments, are they automatically weighted in canvas or do I have to do something to them?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to figure out to access the resources shown below any help will be appreciated, thanks Amanda

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi   One of the tutors here has asked me about this. They have a student who accidentially uploaded the wrong file in a file upload type assignment.  When the student realised this they uploaded the correct file. Now, when the tutor goes into speedgr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am cleaning out a Canvas course and needing to remove a large number of students who signed up in it a while ago. Is there a way to remove many students from the course in one action step? Or will I, as the instructor, have to click on each student...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dr. Feldman, Term Plan 1 &2 because my Chair Dr. Feldman saying they're missing. Similarly,  I sent my update request for IRB  on 6/11/2023 and was told they received it and I would receive a response in ten day  supposedly 6/21/2023, However, I have...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!One of the students couldn't upload his assignments and asked his instructor to upload it on behalf of him. However, the instructor couldn't do it either, as "Upload" tab was unavailable. The instructor says that this function is available for ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why do some classes have a "Test Student" while others do not?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm hoping someone can tell me what's happening in this problem and how to fix it. I've gamified my course, so I have to do a module for every element of my class so they can earn badges. I tried to set up check-in engagements (a single-question quiz...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'd like a way to prompt a student for a response to some question, for example, "Was this page helpful?" and tuck it away somewhere for analysis. Is there a way to do that reasonably easily? Thanks!

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

bY MISTAKE MY INFO CAME AUTOMATICALLY AND MY WIFE NAME APPEARED INSTEAD OF MY NAME. MY NAME IS GEORGE MEHANY NOT _________ MY NABP ID IS 0000000 AND MY LICENSE IS PS000000 APPRECIATING IDF YOU CAN FIX MY NAME

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to use the Learning Mastery Gradebook to do standards-based grading, but I need to calculate a final letter grade using the outcomes that have been mastered.  I see that students can track their progress towards mastery in each outcome, b...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can I reset my settings so that when I log into Canvas, I get my dashboard and not a class that has been over for months?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why does the quality of audio severely change when uploaded to canvas?I'm trying to build basic audio waveform quizzes. I export 16-bit/44.1khz wav files, or 320kps MP3 files. Both are clean, and sound great when the files are loaded into the "files"...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm not able to view my summer course. Canvas says the course is published but it is not anywhere on my dashboard or anywhere I can gain access.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using the Canvas LMS API to make a request to /api/v1/planner_notes, which retrieves a paginated list of PlannerNote objects. // A planner note { // The ID of the planner note "id": 234, // The title for a planner note "title": "Bring bo...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I connect Outlook calendar to Canvas calender?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I've had a look around but can't seam to see the answer to this. Is there a report or a way to see what sections are in the different courses that do not have an end date setup?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies