Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello,I understand that there is NO blog feature in Canvas. I am new and will be teaching course shortly.I desperately need to build a blog feature in a canvas course. How can I do a blog-like activity in Canvas? I want each student to run a blog thr...

• 8 Likes
  • 10 Replies

What do universities use to help track and automate the ID process workflow?  Specifically, is there some system where you can load a list of courses, start dates, assigned ID and have it send automated reminder emails to the faculty, allow IDs to ad...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm the Canvas admin for my college & have a teacher who said she received a "too_long" error when trying to paste text from a rather long article on a PDF. I experimented and got the same error, but have never heard that there was a limit on how muc...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have an instructor who has asked me to look for some virtual field trips relating to Marine Biology. Where can I start my search?Thank you for your assistance.

• 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Setting link targets to "blank."How are folks doing this apart from going into the code? I'd like to have them open in a new browser tab.Thanks!#link‌

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

To track discussions as an instructor I want to be follow up new questions and replies for a course. Sometimes I know a co-instructor has already handled questions, sometimes i have already seen questions through mail notificiations. Currently I have...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello IDs,I just moved into a new position where I will be designing non-credit professional development online training.  Previously, I worked mostly with for-credit university courses, which, of course, are instructor-led.  I was initially wonderin...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

All my grades from Final exam have disappeared.  I let one student take exam last and his grade is posted and all other grades have disappeared.  Help!

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,As I am creating questions in the question bank, I realize that I would like them to be in a different order. I know that they will be in a new order when I pull them into the quiz randomly, but as I am working on them, I would like to be able ...

• 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies

We are looking to service some of our international students and would like to offer a translation tool for them on vocabulary that they do not understand.  Has anyone found a translation app or translation tool that can be integrated or built into C...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all,I have one instructor who has steadily been experiencing issues using the video feedback function in SpeedGrader. I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this newest issue, and if anyone is aware of a solution.When the instructor fin...

• 8 Likes
  • 19 Replies

I've got a quick question for any QM schools.  If your institution uses the myCR product to create customized rubrics, have you found a good way to create print versions of those customized rubrics?  Ideally, I'd love to have a nice co-branded list o...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

At our University, we're in the process of updating our course template in Canvas as well as creating a style guide that will be used for all online courses.  For the Style Guide we have categories such as Use of Text, Multimedia content, uploaded co...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do you have a Canvas Announcements Policy?  In other words, how do you decide when to use the announcements feature for an entire account in Canvas?  We are finding that the requests for announcements in Canvas is starting to grow, and it is difficul...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 Replies

We are doing a pilot with Canvas for Fall 2019. As I'm working my way through some of the options, I see some potential issues with the use of Announcements and email responses. As I look at how our setup is currently working, I can send a group emai...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I put text to the right of an image? My only option seems to be adding text below an image in rich text editor.

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I use point totals to calculate final grades and every semester, students look at the assignment percentage instead of the point total and flood my inbox with questions about why their grade doesn't match the assignment percentage. 

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi allI am unable to find out how I remove the 'color overlay'of the courses whilst using the Teacher app. Any help would be appreciated!Thank you!

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In "Grades", how do I split the student name into 2 columns (first name; surname), or sort by first name?When I export the Grades list, the student name appears in one column. If I sort by this column in Excel, it sorts by the students' first names. ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,Some of our teachers and program coordinators are experiencing problems with the csv when exporting quiz results: when students fill in (or copy text to) essay questions, the results in the csv file seem to become messed up and unreadable. So w...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How do you copy questions from one quiz to another

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Currently, in the new Gradebook, if you have a Pass/Fail grading scheme enabled for certain assignments, the Gradebook just says "Pass" or "Fail" rather than indicating the number of points the student earned, and unless you open the Speedgrader, you...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to not grade the students in the same order every time. For example, by the time I get to the last one, I will consistently be tired? Aside from sorting by submission time, is there a way to randomly sort the students?

• 8 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi. Just wondering if someone could please share some tips to ensure our images render for all devices. We want to deliver responsive images and are having a little trouble consistently doing this. Any advice or instructions would be greatly apprecia...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I've used Respondus in conjunction with Canvas dozens of times and never had any issues. Now, suddenly, I'm getting the "The importer couldn't determine the correct answers for this question" message on each question I upload for a particular c...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Would like help and guidance from people in the community on an idea I am working upon. I have been thinking about the underlying educational functions that motivate use of tools in a LMS, considering both 'built-in" and third-party tools. I have onl...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several assignments in my grade book that are showing with a page and exclamation point icon (different than just the page icon.  I have graded the assignments, but the grades will not show in the grade book.  I can click on each individual gr...

• 1 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I have a created two quizzes which draw random questions from a number of question banks based on how many credits the question is worth, and only realised today, two days before the quizzes are opened, that some of the ,multiple questions do not giv...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone,I have some great SCORM OER content from wisc-online.com for our Medical Assisting program. My problem is that when I upload it to Canvas, it displays like this:As you can imagine, this is not user-friendly. I have been TRYING to fix the ...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies