Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Once I am logged In My canvas page keeping flickering and doesn't load when I want to see my assignment, grades, etc 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,How can I grab a Canvas Course Marks export csv file via API? It is not presently clear to me from the documentation.Kind Regards

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been teaching for 5 years, and have had about 2 - 3 courses per semester, per year that I've taught. Currently, I have about 20 courses that I am an instructor in. As a result, when I try to search for rubrics (i reuse the same one for when I ...

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do you set up conferences by using the calendar?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am unable to submit assignments for any of my courses. When I click on an assignment, the "Submit Assignment" button is there. However, once I click on it, I do not get redirected to the page that says "Choose File" for me to actually submit ...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I return an assignment to a student to be redone?  I can't find a prompt for that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Unable to create assignment, an assignment already exists with the name and due date.  Does that mean it aleady exists in PowerTeacher Pro Gradebook or in Canvas?How does the teacher correct?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have searched EVERYWHERE for this answer and cannot seem to find a solution. My district needs all the real estate we can get for our login screen. Is there any way to remove the "Body Shadow" from a Theme in the Canvas Theme Editor?

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Regards, I would like to know if there is any way where I can change the default Check that appears in the box ?. This so that you can calculate the scores counting all the empty modules. This is because when the Check placed is maintained, it calc...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After I build a quiz, can I print a hard copy?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is  there a way to listen events from Canvas ?  I am trying to integrate Canvas in an Event base architecture but I cannot find a properly way to do it  

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how can i turn in class discussion? i do not have a respond/reply tab anywhere on the page or even a submission link. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have a group assignment that's graded on a group basis. In addition, student groups will present the assignment and need to be graded individually on their presentation skills. I have set up the presentation as a separate assignment, selected "...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of my student's disappeared from the roster of an older class as soon as she enrolled in a new class.  She is on the new class roster.  How can I recover her enrollment for the older class (and not lose her data)?

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there any way I can send a message to any students who have not submitted an assignment? Similar to what you can do for a online quiz?Thanks, Cam

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The current content editor allows you record a media comment within an announcment, page, etc...In January 2020, Flash will no longer be supported.Will this option for recording video within a text box remain available for users or will you replace t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my courses tab i have all current courses i am enrolled in, but i also see three org sites i happen to be a part of. these 3 org sites take up all my notifications and do not allow me to leave the courses themselves. i am not interested in these o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know why I do not have a duplicate option for a module. All the other modules in my course have the duplicate option except for one. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I set up an assignment with peer review, a rubric in which students are supposed to write comments. I can see their comments in Speedgrader, but they cannot see the feedback they provided, and therefore not edit it, once they have submitted. This is ...

• 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I am using Mastery paths, where I have a short testout quiz and depending on the score, the learner can carry on through the module or must take a remedial page of training first. The problem is that when a new user first reaches the quiz and take is...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I am trying to set up groups in 'People' which is currently hidden. I need to make to groups visible to students but if I make 'people' where groups are located students can see the 'Everyone' tab as well with sensitive info like student numbers a...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. please help meHow to add a question with mathematical formulas to canvas from api?

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I set up a "quiz" in Canvas, and ran it with my class. There was one student who was ill and could not come to the quiz.So I opened it up again just for her the following week so she could complete it.Now all I have in Canvas is that one students tes...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to send images/videos in announcements?  I am thinking to use announcements as a way to communicate to parents general news and class events, and would like to add pictures and videos

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where are the low vision settings in Canvas?

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

WHY the CHANGE?  My co-workers and I are all complaining about the latest change. We can no longer see the full area of the "term" box.  Previously, the box showed our entire course name and now we only get to see what you see above.  In addition to ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you allow access for a co-teacher to assign grades

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I uploaded a powerpoint to canvas and a professor said that it was appearing as a PDF. Does anyone know why that would be and how to resolve it?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a gradebook?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies