Youtube app fails to load when attempting to find and select a video from the app to embed.

Jump to solution
njohnson3
Community Member

When trying to add a YouTube video from the apps under tools, the YouTube app won't open, so there is no way to search for or embed a video. I uploaded an image to show what happened.  I have tried using Safari, Microsoft, and Google web browsers.  Also, other staff have had the same issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@njohnson3 ...

My personal preference is to not use the YouTube app that is in the RCE (Rich Content Editor).  Rather, I go directly out to the YouTube video, harvest the embed code for the specific video, and then paste that embed code onto my page.  The reason I do this is that it eliminates the black bars that can appear either above or on the sides of the video.  To me, not having black bars on the sides of the video make things look a lot cleaner.  So, after you grab the embed code from the YouTube video, you can then use the RCE to place the video wherever you want.  When editing your Canvas page, place your cursor where you want the video.  Then, click on "Insert" >> "Embed".  Paste the embed code into the box that appears, and then click "Submit".  This will embed the video onto your page, and it should look really nice for you and your students.

Embed videos & playlists - YouTube Help (google.com)

I hope this will be helpful to you!  Sing out if you have any questions.

View solution in original post