Unable to add people due to email verification

Jump to solution
GraziaCunningha
Community Explorer

Hello-

I am trying to add two people to a class in our instance. These students were added to another course via a join code and they are in that class. When I try to email them a course invite (no join code) to another course, I am getting a notification that they can't be added because their emails have yet to be verified. The observer has checked these students' emails. She says students have not received a verification email from Canvas.

Are they unable to join this second course because they were added to the first course via a join code? Do I have to enable join codes for this class too?

Thank you,

Grazia

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Grazia,

You can only add existing users to a course "by Email" if the person has verified their email address in Canvas.  However, it's likely that they use their email address to log in, so you can add them "by Login ID" and enter their email address even if it has not been verified.

The students can also re-send their email verification by going to Account > Settings and asking to resend the verification from the upper right corner.

View solution in original post

0 Likes