Student's view - Grades and Assignment order wrong

Jump to solution
Andreas_Hopf
Community Member

All assignments have the same availability and due date, and in the student's Grades view, their order is messed up; also one assignment, despite comparison with all other assignments, shows the "-" sign instead of the "crossed out eye" symbol. What can I do about these two issues? Equally, in the student's Assignments view, their order is messed up, too. In the teacher's Module/Assignments view, however, all assignments show in the right order.

How can I solve the ordering and "crossed out eye" issues?

Grades view - test studentGrades view - test studentAssignments view - test studentAssignments view - test student

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffCampbell
Community Coach
Community Coach

For the crossed eyes vs dash symbol, you might look at your grade posting policy. The slashed eye likely means you have it set up for Manual Posting rather than Automatic Posting, so a student's grades are hidden until you post the grade. The dash might mean that assignment has had grades posted, but the person did not submit anything. You can find more information here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-post-grades-for-an-assignment-in-the-Gr...

As for the order, having everything with the same due date could be a factor. I'm not sure why it is showing one order in the grades page and another on the assignments page. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes