Instructor: Some students' writing assignment files were not showing in gradebook

Jump to solution
Sophie2023
Community Member

Hi everyone, this is really bizarre: in a writing assignment, students either upload or type in for the assignemnt. This is what I see in gradebook: only some shows up but not others (grey color), even when i clicik on speedgrader.  I am sure it was there before!

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @Sophie2023 

Thanks for posting this in the Instructure Community! 

Not totally sure what would be causing the behavior, but I wanted share something you could double check on your end. 

• Did you happen to change who the assignment was assigned to? I know that if you had all students submit to an assignment, then changed who it was assigned to, the GradeBook will grey out the grade space for students that are no longer assigned to the item. Speedgrader will no longer show all students in the Student list also. To fix this, you can just edit the assignment, and assign it back to 'Everyone' and save the changes.
  • Keep in mind that if you have assigned certain students their own due date, you will want to have two availability blocks. One availability block will be assigned to the individual students with their specific due dates. The other will be assigned to 'Everyone else.' You can add an availability block to an assignment by clicking on the +add button in the edit screen of the assignment. 

let us know what you find out on this! 

-Colton 

View solution in original post