IS Amazon Fire Compatible?

Jump to solution
lparker2
Community Explorer

There has only been one post and it was super contradictory. A parent messaged me on an eLearning day that a student cannot utilize the annotate tools. I asked which device he was using and it is an Amazon tablet (Fire). 

The only post about it says:

that it's not I just tried that on my Amazon Fire and I got an error message, "No eligible device for install". So, no, it does not install on Fire.

Another person says it can go through Silk's browser, but according to Canvas (Instructure), Silk is not supported.

He is obviously able to hop on and watch the videos and see the assignments, but I need full information to tell the parent. Correct information.

Thanks!

Leesa

Labels (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @lparker2,

The  What are the limited-support guidelines for mobile... - Instructure Community - 389121  guide has the most up to date info on what Instructure officially supports.  On mobile/tablet devices, there is currently limited support for Safari and Chrome mobile browsers, but I see nothing about Silk, so I have to assume that would be completely unsupported.  As a higher-ed Canvas admin, my advice would be for students to use a windows or mac desktop/laptop whenever possible, especially when submitting assignments or taking quizzes.  Tablets will likely work fine in many scenarios, but there are a lot of cases where things won't work identically to a desktop/laptop.  This advice is especially true if you're looking for something what would be officially supported by Instructure.

Hope this helps a bit.

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes