How do I hide Quiz Assessment Instructions?

Jump to solution
VanessaCouzens
Community Member

We noticed when in a student view that the assessment instructions show above every question in the Quizzes.

Is there some way we can hide the instructions after the student has started answering questions in the eQuiz?

For some quizzes we want one question per page, however we don't understand why the instructions for the assessment have to sit permanently at the top of every question in the Quiz. 

How do we get them to see the instructions only at the beginning of the quiz? i.e. on Question 1 only. Then hide the instructions from question 2 onwards??

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @VanessaCouzens ...

It sounds like you are using current Classic Quizzes.  In my own testing of a quiz in my sandbox course, if I have instructions for a Classic Quiz and have it set to display one question at a time, then it does show those instructions at the top of every question.  However, if I build a New Quiz with instructions and also set the New Quiz to display one question at a time, when I preview that quiz, the instructions are only displaying above Question #1.  When I move on to Question #2, the instructions go away.  Here are a couple screenshots from my own sandbox course for a New Quiz:

Question 1 with instructions displayedQuestion 1 with instructions displayedQuestion 2 with no instructions displayedQuestion 2 with no instructions displayed

Hope this will help a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes