Google Drive integration

Jump to solution
ChrisEch
Community Novice

I have connected my Google Drive to Canvas via settings.  When I go under Modules, and add new using External Tool, The Google Drive does not show up.  Other apps do--but not Google.  Can Free Canvas access Google Drive? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @ChrisEch ...

When the Google Apps LTI integration is installed in Canvas, it is available in the following areas of a course:

Screenshot 2023-07-08 164629.jpg

This means that you cannot add the Google Apps tool directly to your "Modules" index page.  However, it can be added to the other areas of your course as shown above.  In your own course, when you go to your "Settings" page, click on the "Apps" tab, and then click on the "View App Configurations" tab.  You should see a row for "Google Apps".  Click on the icon on the far right side of the screen for "Google Apps", and you should see the "Placements" of where the app is available within your course.

Also, this page on the EduAppCenter has more information about the LTI tool which might be useful for you:

Edu App Center: Google Apps

Hopefully this helps to clarify things for you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

Edit: I just re-read your question, and you had asked about Google Drive...which is part of the Google Apps LTI.  I *think* you should have access to Google Drive via the "Modules" screen.  I checked this in my own sandbox account (where I also have admin access...not in a FFT account), and I do have the "Google Drive" option to select a file from my Google account to include in a Canvas module.  I am not sure why you wouldn't be able to see that option in your own course.  Is there a file in your Google Drive account that you could just download from there and then upload it into your Canvas course so that you aren't needing to rely on a third-party tool to house that particular file?  Instead, could you store that file in your Canvas "Files" and link to the file from there?

View solution in original post

0 Likes