Discussion groups permissions problems

Jump to solution
LisaMASON47
Community Member

I am a Tech teacher with classes in Yr 5 and 6. I have tried to set up a discussion group for each class, which then breaks into smaller groups for them to upload a picture of a design, then comment on each other's designs. Using the Canvas app (QLearn in Qld state school), when the kids upload their photos, no other students can see it, and they can't see it either. When a picture is clicked on, it says the author has already deleted the image or it is no longer available. When in QLearn on my computer I can see their pictures as attachments, then I have to click on the link and download the picture. Very tedious and time consuming during a lesson.

Have I done something wrong with their permissions, so that they can't see anyone (even their own) images? Some have tried to reply to another student's image, but these replies are also not appearing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello @LisaMASON47 

Thank you for contacting the Instructure Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with group discussions. What you're describing is peculiar - students should be able to see images uploaded to their group discussions. There isn't really a setting for the discussion that would disable this. The students can't see images in the groups they are not a part of, but they should be able to in their own groups.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post