Choosing to display a different folder on Canvas Panopto

Jump to solution
amit1
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using Canvas-Panopto integration and I want to change what folder is displayed in the Panopto Video tab. Is it possible to change the folder that is displayed there?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@amit1 

It has been a while since I worked with Panopto directly(I use zoom which panopto allows me to set up a transfer of the recording directly to my panopto file structure in a course), but isn't there an option when you setup the recording to select the folder where the video will go?

If so, then you should be able to make the change there.  Then all new videos go to whatever folder you decide.

Also, If you want to (not sure how this will work with your current setup), I believe that you can move the folder to a new location within your panopto structure.

For Your folder A That you want to move, go into Folder A and then click on the gear for the settings.  You will see the name of the folder and the parent folder.  click on edit for the parent folder and select the new parent folder from the list or start typing in the folder name you want to move the current folder to.

I hope that is clear enough to do what you want (if it is possible).  If not reply back again and we will see what else happens.

Edit:  Additionally it is possible to easily bulk move videos from one panopto folder to another.  If you want those instructions, I will post that information 

View solution in original post