Calendar is populated with a year's worth of assignments after uploading. How to remove them without deleting the assignments.

Jump to solution
AnnaDeLamater
Community Novice
On my calendar it is populated with every assignment - I do not know why, nor do I know how to get rid of them except by deleting everything which I do not want to do because then I also delete the assignment, as per what I have already done!
I made sure that the assignments are unpublished in Grades.
I also made sure that the green buttons on the assignments in Assignments are turned off.
I notice that at least some of the assignments populating the Calendar are Events. I do not see a place to 'turn off' the Events in the Calendar.            What else can I do? 
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffCampbell
Community Coach
Community Coach

Did you import or copy a course? When importing, there is an option to Adjust Due Dates. I usually choose the option to remove existing due dates. This sounds as if it is importing with due dates from a prior implementation of the course and the dates are populating the calendar. 

Instead of deleting the assignment, look to see if one of them has a due date set. If it does, go into the assignment settings to remove the due date. Remember to uncheck "Sync with SIS" if you sync grades first. Then look to see if that removed the item from the calendar. If it does, that would be the cause.

If that works, you have two options. You can go through everything one by one. Or you can reimport. For the later option, you can either delete everything and reimport (use the option to adjust and remove due dates). Or try to delete all the assignments first, then reimport and choose the option to "Selected Content" rather than "All Content" in the import menu. That will allow you to just select the assignments. If you link assignments from other locations, check those links after importing to make sure they still work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes