Adding Panoptop0 to my course

Jump to solution
KathrynDorney
Community Novice

For my current class Panopto is not an option in the current settings. It was for previous courses, what's the quickest way to add this to my course so I can use it in the very near future. 

Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@KathrynDorney ...

I do not see Panopto listed in the EduAppCenter any more (which is where most LTI external tools that can integrate with Canvas are usually listed).  However, I searched Google, and I found the following support site: How to Set Up the Canvas Integration for LTI 1.3 (panopto.com).  I'm not sure if there is a cost to integrate Panopto with Canvas (many LTIs do have some sort of cost or subscription fee associated with them).  And, looking through this website, it seems that Panopto needs to be installed at the Canvas account level by your school's Canvas administrator or someone from their Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Education team.  You should have a conversation with this team at your school to see if they have it installed...and if not, if there are any chances it could be purchased and/or installed (if there isn't a fee).

Hopefully this is enough information to get you started so you can have some conversations with folks at your school.  Good luck!

View solution in original post