[Studio] Moving three dots for captions away from upper-right hand corner

Problem statement:

The videos I record from Zoom put my face in the upper-right hand corner when I'm screensharing. This is also where Canvas places the 3 dots to "download transcript" for videos. As a result, if I include captions for the videos in my online classes, students never can see my face. For example, I uploaded a video where I screenshared my slides. Zoom places my face in the upper-right hand corner. So, I get to choose: either students can't see my face or they can't see any captions.

Proposed solution:

Make "download transcript" an option in the settings wheel of the video. There is no reason for why the option for students to download the transcript of the captions needs to block any portion of the video that teachers have recorded. There is already a settings wheel, with options like changing the speed of the video and enabling the captions. Giving the option to download the transcript there doesn't make it hard to find at all and prevents teachers from needing to decide whether to make their videos more accessible at the cost of students not being able to see their faces in the videos.

User role(s):

instructor