[Reports] Add SIS ID field to Export Report from Learning Mastery Grade Book

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Problem statement:

When you Export Report from a course's Learning Mastery Grade Book you get a lovely CSV that lists the Student Name, Student ID (the Canvas ID), and a column for each of the Mastery Results & Points. BUT, what is missing from this report is the Student's SIS ID. (The Canvas Student ID is useless to teachers or administrators.)

Proposed solution:

Please Add the Student SIS ID field to the Learning Mastery Grade Book Export Report. This will allow teachers, administrators, or our IS folks to easily use the data to report back to our SIS.

User role(s):

admin,instructor

Added to Theme

6 Comments
jsailor
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: In Development

Hi, @Hildi_Pardo! Thanks for submitting this idea. I've tagged this as a "quick win" and am working with our Outcomes team to move this forward. We have a ticket that I've added to our next sprint and will let you know as soon as this work is complete and when you can expect to see it released. Given this, I'm also changing the status of this idea to "In Development".

Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion
Author

Wow! Thank you, Jodi!!  This is wonderful news!

jsailor
Instructure
Instructure

Hi, @Hildi_Pardo! Just a quick update on this. Our Outcomes team has just finished the work to add this column to the Learning Mastery Gradebook export and will plan to have the update documented in our next deploy notes. The change will deploy to beta next week and then be deployed to production with our August 2nd production deploy.  

Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion
Author

Amazing!   Thank you for the update, Jodi!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
  Comments from Instructure

This feature is available in Beta. For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2023-08-02) 

How do I access the Canvas beta environment as an instructor?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2023-08-02)