[Course Settings] Sync course items as if they were cross-listed, pages, modules, assignments

Problem statement:

I am a high school teacher with many different courses where I wish to have fully synchronized course items in courses that are NOT cross listed. Call this cross listing of items ( modules, assignments, pages, quizzes ) You can think of it as a partially cross listed course. If I update content in the parent primary course item then the cross listed content in the subordinate course item should be shown to students with all updates without any effort from the teachers. And cross listed assignments would allow different rosters of students. This is not the existing feature in canvas with hyperlink of pages.

My wish list item is much more complex. It would revolutionize shared teaching and human learning. My main parent course could have items/modules cross listed with a middle school teacher where that course is subordinate and the students in middle school would get challenging and enriching content from a high school with very little authoring work from the middle school teacher. Same for my high school class might have cross listed modules from a community college course or course anywhere on the planet.

Proposed solution:

Using database APIs and Object Oriented Programming the data from cross listed items would not be housed in the subordinate course but rather a pointer ( reference variable ) to data in the main parent course item ( database or data structure ) - If the main parent course had a bad internet connection then the subbordinate course would use a cached copy. The person with the subordinate course would have to trust the security abilities of the human(s) who manages the parent course.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,ta,designer