[Course Pacing] Excused Work Still Visible

Problem statement:

I work for an asynchronous school that uses course pacing. As with any school, we need scaffolded assignments to ensure that all students can be successful. I thought I could make multiple versions of the same assignment and excuse students from the versions they don't need, but these pages are still visible to all students. I thought I could solve the problem by assigning groups, but with the implementation of course pacing, we cannot assign groups. I need a way to assign students appropriate work while making the unused/unneeded pages invisible.

Proposed solution:

Build a setting that allows for excused assignments to be invisible or for groups to be assigned within course pacing. Both options would allow students to only see the assignments that they are required to do.

User role(s):

instructor

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Will Not Consider

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback as an Idea in the Community!

For consistency, the Community Team asks all comments, questions, and requests related to Course Pacing to be directed to the Course Pacing Feature User Group. Other early adopters share their experiences, and Instructure Product Managers actively monitor that space. I hope you can connect and collaborate with others in that User Group.

This thread has been moved to our Will Not Consider status to streamline our Ideas space and prevent duplicate conversations.