[Conferences] BigBlueButton Name Sorting

Problem statement:

When I look at attendance for big blue button it lists the names of my students by first name alphabetically, is there a way to make it list by last name? When I try to enter in the attendance to Self Service it makes it more challenging to match the names to the two different rosters.

Proposed solution:

Three proposal options: 1. Be able to change the sort list by last name or first name by clicking on the Name tab. 2. OR just have Canvas integrate with Self Service so that it automatically marks a student as absent or present. 3. Make CSV file have a last name and first name column to make it easy to sort the list. (note i have students with multiple names so if I try to do the separating my space then I will have 3 names for one student and 2 for others so that doesn't help with organizing my list. Why is this important, ease of flow and to not make a mistakes when entering in attendance. We have to take attendance for Financial Aid and Veteran Aid. Our FTEs depend on maintaining attendance log. Having to navigate a list of names not in the same order, takes more time and more inaccurate.

User role(s):

instructor